FWD: Re: [squeak-dev] [ANN] Croquet OpenGL on Squeaksource (Re: Trying to load ALienOpenGL into 4.1 alpha...)

FWD: Re: [squeak-dev] [ANN] Croquet OpenGL on Squeaksource (Re: Trying to load ALienOpenGL into 4.1 alpha...)

LawsonEnglish
(Andreas Raab responded to this with:

This is your problem. CroquetGL has not been tested on Pharo. I suspect
Pharo 1.0 has still the dreadful "SmalltalkImage current platformName". )

Is AlienOpenGL still an option?

Lawson

On 5/27/10 7:54 PM, Lawson English wrote:

> Darn,  tried that with the latest update of Seaside 3.0a.  I had to
> use Monticello directly, rather than Installer.   'OpenGL example."
> returned the error MessageNotUnderstood: SystemDictionary>>platformName
>

> On 3/22/10 11:04 PM, Andreas Raab wrote:
>> On 3/22/2010 7:27 PM, Lawson English wrote:
>>> Croquet OpenGL is dependent on all sorts of things. Have you managed to
>>> get Croquet working in a modernish version of Squeak/Pharo?
>>
>> (you will need an updated 4.1 trunk image - I've promoted
>> Form>>flipVertically to core in the process of making this package)
>>
>> From http://www.squeaksource.com/CroquetGL
>>
>> The OpenGL interface from Croquet for consumption in other contexts.
>> Supports OpenGL 1.4 plus extensions.
>>
>> To install, first load the FFI via:
>>
>> (Installer repository: 'http://source.squeak.org/FFI')
>>     install: 'FFI-Pools';
>>     install: 'FFI-Kernel';
>>     install: 'FFI-Tests'.
>>
>> then load CroquetGL:
>>
>> (Installer repository: 'http://www.squeaksource.com/CroquetGL')
>>     install: '3DTransform';
>>     install: 'OpenGL-Pools';
>>     install: 'OpenGL-Core'.
>>
>> When everything has loaded, try the example:
>>
>>     OpenGL example.
>>
>> Important Windows Note:
>>
>> In order to use Croquet on Windows, you must make sure your VM is set
>> to support OpenGL instead of D3D by default. To do this, press F2 or
>> go to the system menu, into the "Display and Sound" section and
>> ensure the preference "Use OpenGL (instead of D3D" is ENABLED.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>   - Andreas

Re: FWD: Re: [squeak-dev] [ANN] Croquet OpenGL on Squeaksource (Re: Trying to load ALienOpenGL into 4.1 alpha...)

Stéphane Ducasse
If you want us to help
may be you should start to tell us exactly what you tried to do.
Without that then we cannot.

Stef

On 5/28/10 12:31 AM, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
> If you want us to help
> may be you should start to tell us exactly what you tried to do.
> Without that then we cannot.
>
> Stef

Sorry I scrambled the order.

Tried this with the latest update of Seaside 3.0a.  I had to use Monticello directly, rather than Installer.

(Installer repository: 'http://source.squeak.org/FFI')
    install: 'FFI-Pools';
    install: 'FFI-Kernel';
    install: 'FFI-Tests'.

(Installer repository: 'http://www.squeaksource.com/CroquetGL')
    install: '3DTransform';
    install: 'OpenGL-Pools';
    install: 'OpenGL-Core'.

    OpenGL example.

'OpenGL example." returned the error MessageNotUnderstood:
SystemDictionary>>platformName

Andreas Raab :

>This is your problem. CroquetGL has not been tested on Pharo. I>suspect Pharo 1.0 has still the dreadful "SmalltalkImage current>platformName". )

Is this fixable without lots of work, or should I just be using AlienOpenGL assuming its still working in Pharo?

Lawson