[FYI] Athens tutorial

Igor Stasenko
Hello, there

i prepared a small tutorial for Athens, which i did today at PharoConf.
But the code i did can be reused by non-participants of conference :)

Here the instructions.

Download Pharo 2.0

wget -O - get.pharo.org | bash

Run Pharo 2.0

./pharo-ui Pharo.image

In a workspace, evaluate (line after line)

Gofer it smalltalkhubUser: 'Pharo' project: 'Athens'; configuration; load.

ConfigurationOfAthens loadVersion: '2.0'.

Gofer it smalltalkhubUser: 'Pharo' project: 'Athens';
package:'Athens-Tutorial'; load.

AthensTutorial new openWithSpec.

Took from here
https://gist.github.com/SergeStinckwich/44ca34b54cde83b687a3
(just removed duplicates ;)

Thanks, Serge for compiling it down ;)

Once you load the code and have window open, skip step one (you already did it),
and then just follow the steps by pressing doit button changing the
code , pressing doit again , going forwards etc .. and playing with
it.
I put some comments there to serve as a small description/detail.

Any feedback & help & contributions & improvements is welcome.

P.S. if you get a DNU at step 30, enable Freetype in settings and try again.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko.

Re: [FYI] Athens tutorial

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

Indeed, we just followed this tutorial at PharoConf, and it is well made.

Thanks, Igor.

Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"What is more important: To be happy, or to make happy?"

Re: [Pharo-project] [FYI] Athens tutorial

stephane ducasse
Alex you can use it for real in roassal
For the bootstrap
        - connection with TextMorph