Fail on condense when image name is drgeo.image

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Fail on condense when image name is drgeo.image

HilaireFernandes
Hi,

When I use the stable P7, drgeo build fails.

There is an obscure error in File>>nextVersion, with negative index
which are not catch, although it looks like it should be.

This same build was working on alpha P7 of June.

The stack of the debugger is attached as well the PharoDebug.log.

Does it sound familiar to any of you?

Hilaire

--
Dr. Geo
http://drgeo.eu


P7-FailOnDrGeoBuild.txt (2K) Download Attachment
PharoDebug.log (4K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Fail on condense when image name is drgeo.image

Alistair Grant
Hi Hilaire,

On Mon, 4 Mar 2019 at 22:18, Hilaire <[hidden email]> wrote:

>
> Hi,
>
> When I use the stable P7, drgeo build fails.
>
> There is an obscure error in File>>nextVersion, with negative index
> which are not catch, although it looks like it should be.
>
> This same build was working on alpha P7 of June.
>
> The stack of the debugger is attached as well the PharoDebug.log.
>
> Does it sound familiar to any of you?

There were some changes made to FileReference>>nextVersion late last
year (it was broken with only .1 and .1.1 version numbers being
created).

It looks like drgeo.changes.new has uncovered another issue as
#nextVersion returns drgeo.1.new, when it should probably return
drgeo.changes.1.new.

But I can't reproduce the problem you're seeing.  Can you create a
small script that reproduces the issue?

Cheers,
Alistair

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Fail on condense when image name is drgeo.image

HilaireFernandes
The problem seems to happen when there is the following conditions, in the
folder containing the image:

- there is a drgeo file, in my situation it is a link to the DrGeo
repository
- the image name is drgeo.image, ...
- PharoCondense is executed, then FileRefrence>>nextVersion seems confused
by the drgeo file.

I could recheck, but it will be evening late.



-----
http://drgeo.eu
--
Sent from: http://forum.world.st/Pharo-Smalltalk-Users-f1310670.html

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Fail on condense when image name is drgeo.image

Alistair Grant
Hi Hilaire,

On Tue, 5 Mar 2019 at 15:09, HilaireFernandes <[hidden email]> wrote:

>
> The problem seems to happen when there is the following conditions, in the
> folder containing the image:
>
> - there is a drgeo file, in my situation it is a link to the DrGeo
> repository
> - the image name is drgeo.image, ...
> - PharoCondense is executed, then FileRefrence>>nextVersion seems confused
> by the drgeo file.
>
> I could recheck, but it will be evening late.
I had a bit of trouble reading the stack traces, but it looked like
the issue is with FileReference>>nextVersion.  If that is the case:
#nextVersion is self contained, so the easiest thing will be to
trigger the problem, go in to the debugger and copy the pathString of
the FileReference that causes the issue.

I've attached a change-set that fixes #nextVersion so it returns the
correct values for file names with dots in them, e.g. "file.name.ext".
Could you check if it behaves as expected?

Cheers,
Alistair

nextVersion.2.cs (3K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Fail on condense when image name is drgeo.image

HilaireFernandes
Alistair,

I checked, the error shows under this specific situation I described in
my previous email.

Yes, your code fixes this condition, the condense does not hit this
error anymore.

Thanks

Hilaire

Le 05/03/2019 à 17:59, Alistair Grant a écrit :
> I've attached a change-set that fixes #nextVersion so it returns the
> correct values for file names with dots in them, e.g. "file.name.ext".
> Could you check if it behaves as expected?

--
Dr. Geo
http://drgeo.eu



Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Fail on condense when image name is drgeo.image

Alistair Grant
Hi Hilaire,

On Tue, 5 Mar 2019 at 21:16, Hilaire <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Alistair,
>
> I checked, the error shows under this specific situation I described in
> my previous email.

I figured out the environment that caused the primtiveFailure and can
see how my modified code avoids the issue.


> Yes, your code fixes this condition, the condense does not hit this
> error anymore.

Great.  I've refactored this quite a bit to make it more efficient and
related methods more consistent.  I'll be opening an issue and
submitting a PR for it.

Cheers,
Alistair

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Fail on condense when image name is drgeo.image

Alistair Grant
On Tue, 5 Mar 2019 at 22:11, Alistair Grant <[hidden email]> wrote:

>
> Hi Hilaire,
>
> On Tue, 5 Mar 2019 at 21:16, Hilaire <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Alistair,
> >
> > I checked, the error shows under this specific situation I described in
> > my previous email.
>
> I figured out the environment that caused the primtiveFailure and can
> see how my modified code avoids the issue.
>
>
> > Yes, your code fixes this condition, the condense does not hit this
> > error anymore.
>
> Great.  I've refactored this quite a bit to make it more efficient and
> related methods more consistent.  I'll be opening an issue and
> submitting a PR for it.

For future reference:

Issue: https://github.com/pharo-project/pharo/issues/2753
PR: https://github.com/pharo-project/pharo/pull/2754

Cheers,
Alistair

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Fail on condense when image name is drgeo.image

HilaireFernandes
Thanks Alistair.

Great! I can now build DrGeo with the P7.0.1 image. I will check with
the P7.0.2, but should be fine.

Now the OS X DrGeo build behave much more gently, but I need to test a
bit further.

Hilaire

Le 06/03/2019 à 08:53, Alistair Grant a écrit :
> For future reference:
>
> Issue: https://github.com/pharo-project/pharo/issues/2753
> PR: https://github.com/pharo-project/pharo/pull/2754

--
Dr. Geo
http://drgeo.eu