Failed to launch Helios on Amber website

Failed to launch Helios on Amber website

Andy Burnett
I followed the FAQ instructions on how to reopen Helios, and got the following security warning

Uncaught SecurityError: Blocked a frame with origin "http://amber-lang.net" from accessing a frame with origin "swappedout://".  The frame requesting access has a protocol of "http", the frame being accessed has a protocol of "swappedout". Protocols must match.

Any thoughts?

Cheers
Andy

Re: Failed to launch Helios on Amber website

Herby Vojčík
Never heard of swappedout:// protocol. I am looking for the explanation from someone who knows, too ;-)

Herby

Andy Burnett wrote:

> I followed the FAQ instructions on how to reopen Helios, and got the
> following security warning
>
> Uncaught SecurityError: Blocked a frame with origin
> "http://amber-lang.net" from accessing a frame with origin
> "swappedout://".  The frame requesting access has a protocol of
> "http", the frame being accessed has a protocol of "swappedout".
> Protocols must match.
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> Cheers
> Andy
> ᐧ

Re: Failed to launch Helios on Amber website

Hannes Hirzel
On 1/21/15, Andy Burnett <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I followed the FAQ instructions on how to reopen Helios, and got the
> following security warning
>
> Uncaught SecurityError: Blocked a frame with origin "http://amber-lang.net"
> from accessing a frame with origin "swappedout://".  The frame requesting
> access has a protocol of "http", the frame being accessed has a protocol of
> "swappedout". Protocols must match.
>
> Any thoughts?

You are the first one to test it with the amber-lang web site. Thank
you. In local installations it has worked fine so far.

So in the meantime until the error is found do a regular local
installation and create a project with

    amber init.

--Hannes