Failure to launch Environments

Ezequiel Tolnay
Hi!

The first time I installed VAST in my new computer, Trend Micro antivirus picked up Environments as having a trojan, and quarantined some of its files.

Trend Micro now can identify this as a false positive, and I've tried uninstalling and re-installing VAST, but Environments keeps failing to start, with the following error:

ImageLauncherSystem does not understand convertTo861:

Has anyone experienced this? Any clues as to what I can do to remedy it? I have VAST 8.6, 9.1, and 9.2.2 installed (9.2.2 in both 32 and 64 bits). All the Environments start with the same error, so I wonder if there's something in the registry that doesn't clear up when I uninstall?

Thanks!

Ezequiel

Re: Failure to launch Environments

Bob Brodd
Hi Ezequiel,
The easiest way out of this problem is to delete (all) of your existing environments.dmp file(s).  These are located in C:\Users\<yourusername>\AppData\Roaming\Instantiations. After deleteing them, you should be able to start up the 9.2.2 Environments without issues.  Then use the "Search for unregistered Environments" and  "Search for available VA Smalltalk Installations" buttons to access ones environments (dev images) and Installations (8.6, 9.1) may have already defined.
Bob

On Monday, February 15, 2021 at 5:25:21 PM UTC-5 Ezequiel Tolnay wrote:
[...]

Hi Bob,

That worked, thanks!