Falling test question

Andre Hora
Hi,

Test MooseSmalltalkImporterRoelTyperTest>>testASTCore is falling because at some point it is using class TypeCollector, which is no longer in the system.

So what should we do:
- Remove this importer?
- Bring back TypeCollector?

========

SmalltalkImporter>>createAttribute: name for: aClass
ifTrue: [
possibleTypes := (TypeCollector typeInstvar: name asSymbol ofClassWithLookup: aClass ) types.
possibleTypes size = 1
ifTrue: [attribute declaredType: (self ensureClass: possibleTypes first theNonMetaClass) ].
].
^ attribute
=========

--
Andre Hora

Re: Falling test question

Usman Bhatti

On Fri, Mar 8, 2013 at 11:24 AM, Andre Hora <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

Test MooseSmalltalkImporterRoelTyperTest>>testASTCore is falling because at some point it is using class TypeCollector, which is no longer in the system.

So what should we do:
- Remove this importer?

and throw away Roel-typer, all its tests, etc?
Btw, its also used in NECompletionModel package (NECContext>>guessWithRoelTyper: aString class: aClass).
Is it normal that we have NECompletion in Moose?

- Bring back TypeCollector?

========

SmalltalkImporter>>createAttribute: name for: aClass
ifTrue: [
possibleTypes := (TypeCollector typeInstvar: name asSymbol ofClassWithLookup: aClass ) types.
possibleTypes size = 1
ifTrue: [attribute declaredType: (self ensureClass: possibleTypes first theNonMetaClass) ].
].
^ attribute
=========

--
Andre Hora

Re: Falling test question

Tudor Girba-2
The TypeCollector is part of the RoelTyper. I am not sure what the status of this package is. Does anybody know?

Cheers,
Doru

On Mar 8, 2013, at 11:24 AM, Andre Hora <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Test MooseSmalltalkImporterRoelTyperTest>>testASTCore is falling because at some point it is using class TypeCollector, which is no longer in the system.
>
> So what should we do:
> - Remove this importer?
> - Bring back TypeCollector?
>

> ========
>
> SmalltalkImporter>>createAttribute: name for: aClass
> ifTrue: [
> possibleTypes := (TypeCollector typeInstvar: name asSymbol ofClassWithLookup: aClass ) types.
> possibleTypes size = 1
> ifTrue: [attribute declaredType: (self ensureClass: possibleTypes first theNonMetaClass) ].
> ].
> ^ attribute
> =========
>
> --
> Andre Hora

www.tudorgirba.com

"We cannot reach the flow of things unless we let go."

Re: Falling test question

stephane ducasse

On Mar 8, 2013, at 9:35 PM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The TypeCollector is part of the RoelTyper. I am not sure what the status of this package is. Does anybody know?

I migrated.
I checked the code and it is cleaned (no VW subpart)
All tests are green.

Now the question is if we want to load it or not.

Stef

>> Hi,
>>
>> Test MooseSmalltalkImporterRoelTyperTest>>testASTCore is falling because at some point it is using class TypeCollector, which is no longer in the system.
>>
>> So what should we do:
>> - Remove this importer?
>> - Bring back TypeCollector?
>>

>> ========
>>
>> SmalltalkImporter>>createAttribute: name for: aClass
>> ifTrue: [
>> possibleTypes := (TypeCollector typeInstvar: name asSymbol ofClassWithLookup: aClass ) types.
>> possibleTypes size = 1
>> ifTrue: [attribute declaredType: (self ensureClass: possibleTypes first theNonMetaClass) ].
>> ].
>> ^ attribute
>> =========
>>
>> --
>> Andre Hora

> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "We cannot reach the flow of things unless we let go."

Re: Falling test question

Tudor Girba-2
Ideally, we should not remove RoelTyper, especially that now Stef says that the tests run in 2.0.

Cheers,
Doru

On Mar 8, 2013, at 11:38 AM, Usman Bhatti <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 8, 2013 at 11:24 AM, Andre Hora <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Test MooseSmalltalkImporterRoelTyperTest>>testASTCore is falling because at some point it is using class TypeCollector, which is no longer in the system.
>
> So what should we do:
> - Remove this importer?
>
> and throw away Roel-typer, all its tests, etc?
> Btw, its also used in NECompletionModel package (NECContext>>guessWithRoelTyper: aString class: aClass).
> Is it normal that we have NECompletion in Moose?
>
> - Bring back TypeCollector?
>

> ========
>
> SmalltalkImporter>>createAttribute: name for: aClass
> ifTrue: [
> possibleTypes := (TypeCollector typeInstvar: name asSymbol ofClassWithLookup: aClass ) types.
> possibleTypes size = 1
> ifTrue: [attribute declaredType: (self ensureClass: possibleTypes first theNonMetaClass) ].
> ].
> ^ attribute
> =========
>
> --
> Andre Hora

www.tudorgirba.com

"Some battles are better lost than fought."

Re: Falling test question

Nicolas Anquetil

On the other hand, is it really used?
There is also a small cost for keeping things around

nicolas

On 03/08/2013 09:35 PM, Tudor Girba wrote:

> The TypeCollector is part of the RoelTyper. I am not sure what the status of this package is. Does anybody know?
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>

> On Mar 8, 2013, at 11:24 AM, Andre Hora <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Test MooseSmalltalkImporterRoelTyperTest>>testASTCore is falling because at some point it is using class TypeCollector, which is no longer in the system.
>>
>> So what should we do:
>> - Remove this importer?
>> - Bring back TypeCollector?
>>

>> ========
>>
>> SmalltalkImporter>>createAttribute: name for: aClass
>> ifTrue: [
>> possibleTypes := (TypeCollector typeInstvar: name asSymbol ofClassWithLookup: aClass ) types.
>> possibleTypes size = 1
>> ifTrue: [attribute declaredType: (self ensureClass: possibleTypes first theNonMetaClass) ].
>> ].
>> ^ attribute
>> =========
>>
>> --
>> Andre Hora
> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "We cannot reach the flow of things unless we let go."

Nicolas Anquetil -- RMod research team (Inria)

Re: Falling test question

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

Yes, it is used for Smalltalk import, and there is even a test for it that fails:
https://ci.inria.fr/moose/job/Moose-latest-dev-4.8/59/testReport/Moose.Tests.SmalltalkImporter.Core/MooseSmalltalkImporterRoelTyperTest/testASTCore/

But, there was a bug at least in 1.4 and we could not use it at its full potential.

Cheers,
Doru

On Mar 13, 2013, at 10:05 AM, Nicolas Anquetil <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On the other hand, is it really used?
> There is also a small cost for keeping things around
>
> nicolas
>
> On 03/08/2013 09:35 PM, Tudor Girba wrote:
>> The TypeCollector is part of the RoelTyper. I am not sure what the status of this package is. Does anybody know?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Doru
>>

>> On Mar 8, 2013, at 11:24 AM, Andre Hora <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Test MooseSmalltalkImporterRoelTyperTest>>testASTCore is falling because at some point it is using class TypeCollector, which is no longer in the system.
>>>
>>> So what should we do:
>>> - Remove this importer?
>>> - Bring back TypeCollector?
>>>

>>> ========
>>>
>>> SmalltalkImporter>>createAttribute: name for: aClass
>>> ifTrue: [
>>> possibleTypes := (TypeCollector typeInstvar: name asSymbol ofClassWithLookup: aClass ) types.
>>> possibleTypes size = 1
>>> ifTrue: [attribute declaredType: (self ensureClass: possibleTypes first theNonMetaClass) ].
>>> ].
>>> ^ attribute
>>> =========
>>>
>>> --
>>> Andre Hora
>> --
>> www.tudorgirba.com
>>
>> "We cannot reach the flow of things unless we let go."

> Nicolas Anquetil -- RMod research team (Inria)

www.tudorgirba.com

"From an abstract enough point of view, any two things are similar."