Fame is migrated

Stéphane Ducasse
Hi guys

- I fixed the 1.4 stable and development specification (do not use common)
- I produced a version for 2.0

Now I do not understand why the tests are red in 1.4 and 2.0

199 run, 193 passes, 0 expected failures, 0 failures, 6 errors, 0 unexpected passes
Failures:

Errors:
FMExporterTest>>#testExportAsMSE
FMExporterTest>>#testExportAsXML
FMMetaRepositoryFilterTest>>#testExportAsMSE
FMMetaRepositoryFilterTest>>#testExportAsXML
FMLibraryExample>>#testPrintMetamodel
FMLibraryExample>>#testPrintModel

I will check to see if I can fix them.
But to me it looks like a bad practice to have red tests.

Re: Fame is migrated

stephane ducasse
Apparently these tests are green in the moose image so I will invesitgate the probrlems

On Feb 10, 2013, at 11:57 AM, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi guys
>
> - I fixed the 1.4 stable and development specification (do not use common)
> - I produced a version for 2.0
>
> Now I do not understand why the tests are red in 1.4 and 2.0
>
> 199 run, 193 passes, 0 expected failures, 0 failures, 6 errors, 0 unexpected passes
> Failures:
>
> Errors:
> FMExporterTest>>#testExportAsMSE
> FMExporterTest>>#testExportAsXML
> FMMetaRepositoryFilterTest>>#testExportAsMSE
> FMMetaRepositoryFilterTest>>#testExportAsXML
> FMLibraryExample>>#testPrintMetamodel
> FMLibraryExample>>#testPrintModel
>

> I will check to see if I can fix them.
> But to me it looks like a bad practice to have red tests.
>
> Stef

Re: Fame is migrated

stephane ducasse
Ok so apparently Fame depends on HashTable… So I will try to understand from where HashTable is coming from

On Feb 10, 2013, at 12:19 PM, stephane ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Apparently these tests are green in the moose image so I will invesitgate the probrlems
>
> On Feb 10, 2013, at 11:57 AM, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi guys
>>
>> - I fixed the 1.4 stable and development specification (do not use common)
>> - I produced a version for 2.0
>>
>> Now I do not understand why the tests are red in 1.4 and 2.0
>>
>> 199 run, 193 passes, 0 expected failures, 0 failures, 6 errors, 0 unexpected passes
>> Failures:
>>
>> Errors:
>> FMExporterTest>>#testExportAsMSE
>> FMExporterTest>>#testExportAsXML
>> FMMetaRepositoryFilterTest>>#testExportAsMSE
>> FMMetaRepositoryFilterTest>>#testExportAsXML
>> FMLibraryExample>>#testPrintMetamodel
>> FMLibraryExample>>#testPrintModel
>>

>> I will check to see if I can fix them.
>> But to me it looks like a bad practice to have red tests.
>>
>> Stef

Re: Fame is migrated

stephane ducasse
So I migrated
        - Hashtable to smalltalkHub
        - use now phexample for 2.0 which was migrated by stefanMar

I fixed the corresponding baseline and version (1.2 now)
but the tests are still red so now I can start to have a look.

Re: Fame is migrated

Nicolas Anquetil
I migrated all of Famix too.
But I did not produce a new ConfigurationOf (to load from smalltalkhub)
Neither did I migrate Moose-Core (Usman was taking care of this)

So for now, it is still in mid-air

nicolas

On 02/10/2013 11:57 AM, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> Hi guys
>
> - I fixed the 1.4 stable and development specification (do not use common)
> - I produced a version for 2.0
>
> Now I do not understand why the tests are red in 1.4 and 2.0
>
> 199 run, 193 passes, 0 expected failures, 0 failures, 6 errors, 0 unexpected passes
> Failures:
>
> Errors:
> FMExporterTest>>#testExportAsMSE
> FMExporterTest>>#testExportAsXML
> FMMetaRepositoryFilterTest>>#testExportAsMSE
> FMMetaRepositoryFilterTest>>#testExportAsXML
> FMLibraryExample>>#testPrintMetamodel
> FMLibraryExample>>#testPrintModel
>

> I will check to see if I can fix them.
> But to me it looks like a bad practice to have red tests.
>
> Stef

Nicolas Anquetil -- RMod research team (Inria)

Re: Fame is migrated

stephane ducasse
Now phexample can be loaded as stable in 1.4 and 2.0 so we can debug fame in both version.

Stef

On Feb 10, 2013, at 4:36 PM, stephane ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:

> So I migrated
> - Hashtable to smalltalkHub
> - use now phexample for 2.0 which was migrated by stefanMar
>
> I fixed the corresponding baseline and version (1.2 now)
> but the tests are still red so now I can start to have a look.
>
> Stef

Re: Fame is migrated

stephane ducasse
So fame has green tests in 1.4 ;)
Now checking in 2.0.

Stef

> Now phexample can be loaded as stable in 1.4 and 2.0 so we can debug fame in both version.
>
> Stef
>
> On Feb 10, 2013, at 4:36 PM, stephane ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> So I migrated
>> - Hashtable to smalltalkHub
>> - use now phexample for 2.0 which was migrated by stefanMar
>>
>> I fixed the corresponding baseline and version (1.2 now)
>> but the tests are still red so now I can start to have a look.
>>
>> Stef

Re: Fame is migrated

stephane ducasse
Now in pharo 20 the tests are still green.

testExportAsMSE
        "self debug: #testExportAsMSE"
        | printer |
        printer := FMMSEPrinter new onString.
        FMMetaRepository fm3 accept: printer.
        self halt.
        printer stream contents isString should beTrue.
        printer stream contents first should = $(

What I do not understand is that
        printer stream contents isString is true
        and
        printer stream contents first is $(

still be test is wrong….
May be I will turn it into a Sunit test. Because I do not like stuff that looks true and are not.

Does anybody have a suggestion?

Stef