Fame vs Magritte

François Tanguy
Hi,

being a end user, I am bit confused with these 2 frameworks: Fame and Magritte.
There are both meta-meta-models. So what make them different from a conceptual point of view ?

For my models, I would like to have the persistency for free (from Fame) and the UI edition and model validation for free (from Magritte).

Today I must write two times the description of my language (one in Fame and one in Magritte), and it feels like I would need only one description.

Any info on this would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Francois

Re: Fame vs Magritte

Stéphane Ducasse
 here is my summary
fame is a minimal meta meta model ( 4 or 5 classes): we use it describe other model (such as Famix)
based on fame you can load and save model.

Magritte is a meta data driven framework.
you describe specific entity and the tools interpret it.