Famix sourceAnchors

Stephan Eggermont-3
What am I supposed to put as filename in sourceAnchors? I now put the full path there, but that doesn't work and makes things non-portable. In ObjectStudio each method can be in a different file, and they are actually on different drives, e.g. c:\Entwicklung\MSE\FAMIXClass.cls and o:\devtools\sunit\SUnit\SUnit\TestCase.cls.

If I remove the drive name, I can no longer find the sources, as there is only one root. If I keep the drive name, I can only use Windows (and it doesn't work because there is no root on Windows)

Of course I can work around this by moving all sources into one directory

Stephan

Re: Famix sourceAnchors

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

Currently, the assumption is that a model has only one root folder, and that the source anchors hold relative paths to that root folder. This means that you should put all sources in one root folder.

Cheers,
Doru

> On Jul 7, 2016, at 10:32 AM, Stephan Eggermont <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> What am I supposed to put as filename in sourceAnchors? I now put the full path there, but that doesn't work and makes things non-portable. In ObjectStudio each method can be in a different file, and they are actually on different drives, e.g. c:\Entwicklung\MSE\FAMIXClass.cls and o:\devtools\sunit\SUnit\SUnit\TestCase.cls.
>
> If I remove the drive name, I can no longer find the sources, as there is only one root. If I keep the drive name, I can only use Windows (and it doesn't work because there is no root on Windows)
>
> Of course I can work around this by moving all sources into one directory
>
> Stephan

www.tudorgirba.com
www.feenk.com

"Reasonable is what we are accustomed with."

Re: Famix sourceAnchors

Stephan Eggermont-3
Ok. And that is broken, setting the root on windows to a drive and using relative paths doesn't work. I think that might be a FileSystem issue

Stephan

Verstuurd vanaf mijn iPhone

> Op 7 jul. 2016 om 11:21 heeft Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> het volgende geschreven:
>
> Hi,
>
> Currently, the assumption is that a model has only one root folder, and that the source anchors hold relative paths to that root folder. This means that you should put all sources in one root folder.
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>

>> On Jul 7, 2016, at 10:32 AM, Stephan Eggermont <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> What am I supposed to put as filename in sourceAnchors? I now put the full path there, but that doesn't work and makes things non-portable. In ObjectStudio each method can be in a different file, and they are actually on different drives, e.g. c:\Entwicklung\MSE\FAMIXClass.cls and o:\devtools\sunit\SUnit\SUnit\TestCase.cls.
>>
>> If I remove the drive name, I can no longer find the sources, as there is only one root. If I keep the drive name, I can only use Windows (and it doesn't work because there is no root on Windows)
>>
>> Of course I can work around this by moving all sources into one directory
>>
>> Stephan

> www.tudorgirba.com
> www.feenk.com
>
> "Reasonable is what we are accustomed with."

Re: Famix sourceAnchors

Stephan Eggermont-3
Ok. Found the problem. FAMIXAbstractFileAnchor>>completeText does a readStream contents. That uses an Utf8 decoder and silently fails. Assuming that source is utf8 seems not a good default for Moose... Should I add a defaultSourceEncoder to MooseModel?

Stephan

Verstuurd vanaf mijn iPhone

> Op 7 jul. 2016 om 13:57 heeft Stephan Eggermont <[hidden email]> het volgende geschreven:
>
> Ok. And that is broken, setting the root on windows to a drive and using relative paths doesn't work. I think that might be a FileSystem issue
>
> Stephan
>
> Verstuurd vanaf mijn iPhone
>
>> Op 7 jul. 2016 om 11:21 heeft Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> het volgende geschreven:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Currently, the assumption is that a model has only one root folder, and that the source anchors hold relative paths to that root folder. This means that you should put all sources in one root folder.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Doru
>>

>>> On Jul 7, 2016, at 10:32 AM, Stephan Eggermont <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> What am I supposed to put as filename in sourceAnchors? I now put the full path there, but that doesn't work and makes things non-portable. In ObjectStudio each method can be in a different file, and they are actually on different drives, e.g. c:\Entwicklung\MSE\FAMIXClass.cls and o:\devtools\sunit\SUnit\SUnit\TestCase.cls.
>>>
>>> If I remove the drive name, I can no longer find the sources, as there is only one root. If I keep the drive name, I can only use Windows (and it doesn't work because there is no root on Windows)
>>>
>>> Of course I can work around this by moving all sources into one directory
>>>
>>> Stephan
>>
>> --
>> www.tudorgirba.com
>> www.feenk.com
>>
>> "Reasonable is what we are accustomed with."

Re: Famix sourceAnchors

Tudor Girba-2
Sounds interesting, and will improve the current situation. But, then again sometimes I encounter the case that there are multiple encodings in the same project :(. One option would be to offer a list of possible encoders to take into account and try all of them. What do you think?

Cheers,
Doru

> On Jul 7, 2016, at 2:59 PM, Stephan Eggermont <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Ok. Found the problem. FAMIXAbstractFileAnchor>>completeText does a readStream contents. That uses an Utf8 decoder and silently fails. Assuming that source is utf8 seems not a good default for Moose... Should I add a defaultSourceEncoder to MooseModel?
>
> Stephan
>
> Verstuurd vanaf mijn iPhone
>
>> Op 7 jul. 2016 om 13:57 heeft Stephan Eggermont <[hidden email]> het volgende geschreven:
>>
>> Ok. And that is broken, setting the root on windows to a drive and using relative paths doesn't work. I think that might be a FileSystem issue
>>
>> Stephan
>>
>> Verstuurd vanaf mijn iPhone
>>
>>> Op 7 jul. 2016 om 11:21 heeft Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> het volgende geschreven:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Currently, the assumption is that a model has only one root folder, and that the source anchors hold relative paths to that root folder. This means that you should put all sources in one root folder.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Doru

>>> --
>>> www.tudorgirba.com
>>> www.feenk.com
>>>
>>> "Reasonable is what we are accustomed with."

www.tudorgirba.com
www.feenk.com

"Obvious things are difficult to teach."

Re: Famix sourceAnchors

Stephan Eggermont-3
Hmm yes, that's something I've seen too. So we need a sorted collection of converters to try instead of just a single one.