Feature Request: Support for multi screens

Feature Request: Support for multi screens

Marten Feldtmann-2
I would like to have better support for multi screens under windows for the whole IDE. I would like the dialog boxes and new windows should appear on the same screen where the action is taken.

Marten

Re: Feature Request: Support for multi screens

SebastianHC
And I would like to have a feature which detects that I opened an image
previously saved on a multi screen environment and which then turns back
the default widget positions to single screen. Sometimes I can't access
browsers if I have to look into somebody elses image usually used on a
multi screen.

Thanks
Sebastian

Am 23.05.2013 13:31, schrieb Marten Feldtmann:

> I would like to have better support for multi screens under windows
> for the whole IDE. I would like the dialog boxes and new windows
> should appear on the same screen where the action is taken.
>
> Marten

Re: Feature Request: Support for multi screens

Thomas Koschate-2
On Thursday, May 23, 2013 4:42:08 PM UTC-4, Sebastian Heidbrink wrote:
And I would like to have a feature which detects that I opened an image
previously saved on a multi screen environment and which then turns back
the default widget positions to single screen. Sometimes I can't access
browsers if I have to look into somebody elses image usually used on a
multi screen.

While I haven't implemented such a thing, I imagine a clever use of abt.cnf along with "CgScreen default rootWindow" would do it.  See EtWindowSystemStartUp class>>#openWindows for a starting point.

Tom