Feature for request for GraphET?

12

Re: Cannot display 2 diagrams in the same webpage

Vincent Blondeau
Le 07/01/2014 10:33, Kevin Lanvin a écrit :
> Hello
>
> In ROHTMLExporter>>addSVGInitialization , i've changed chart by chart1 and it's working , so the id is used at this place, you are right.
> Do you think it is possible to dynamically choose the id that you want to work with ?
Of course ! That Smalltalk ! You can redefine the method in a new
subclass with an other variable instance (idTag for example) which will
be set and used by the new method.

I let you see how to bind this class to your code. You probably have to
change couple classes.

> Thank you

abergel
Thanks to work on this. We really appreciate

Cheers,
Alexandre

> Le 07-01-2014 à 7:22, Vincent Blondeau <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> Le 07/01/2014 10:33, Kevin Lanvin a écrit :
>> Hello
>>
>> In ROHTMLExporter>>addSVGInitialization , i've changed chart by chart1 and it's working , so the id is used at this place, you are right.
>> Do you think it is possible to dynamically choose the id that you want to work with ?
> Of course ! That Smalltalk ! You can redefine the method in a new subclass with an other variable instance (idTag for example) which will be set and used by the new method.
>
> I let you see how to bind this class to your code. You probably have to change couple classes.
>>
>> Thank you

Kevin Lanvin
Now I can display 2 diagrams (I've changed the addSVGInitialization: method , I'll send it to alexandre).
My new problem is: if I display 1 diagram, everything is ok, but if I display 2, the second one isn't displayed correctly.
All the elements included in <path> tag are at the wrong place.
I tried to display only the second one , and it's working perfectly so it's not coming from the diagram itself.
I tried to invert the diagrams , and its exactly the same problem : the first one displayed is ok , not the second.

Thank you

> In ROHTMLExporter>>addSVGInitialization , i've changed chart by
> chart1 and it's working , so the id is used at this place, you are
> right.
> Do you think it is possible to dynamically choose the id that you
> want to work with ?
>
> Thank you

Vincent told me to look after another unique id selection during the svg initialization process but I didn't find any.

> Now I can display 2 diagrams (I've changed the addSVGInitialization:
> method , I'll send it to alexandre).
> My new problem is: if I display 1 diagram, everything is ok, but if I
> display 2, the second one isn't displayed correctly.
> All the elements included in <path> tag are at the wrong place.
> I tried to display only the second one , and it's working perfectly
> so it's not coming from the diagram itself.
> I tried to invert the diagrams , and its exactly the same problem :
> the first one displayed is ok , not the second.
>

> Thank you

It seems that the 'd' attribute in the method: ROHTMLExporter >> addRenderingEdges isn't correctly set.
Do we have to change the js code to fix it ?

> Vincent told me to look after another unique id selection during the
> svg initialization process but I didn't find any.

I am not sure to understand. The method is:

addRenderingEdges: fileStream

        fileStream
                nextPutAll: '/***** RENDERING LINKS*****/
        var links = dataset.links;
        var path = vis.selectAll("path")
                  .data(links);
        path.enter().append("path")
                .attr("d", elbow)
                .attr("stroke", function(d) {return d.edgeColor});';
                nextPutAll: ROPlatform current newLine.

What is wrong with it?

Alexandre

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

Re: Cannot display 2 diagrams in the same webpage

Kevin Lanvin
When I display 2 diagrams, the values of d attributes in <path> tags are not the good ones.
So all the lines are in the wrong place.
I suppose that it's coming from the method addRenderingEdges because this is where the path tag is set up.

Kevin

> > It seems that the 'd' attribute in the method: ROHTMLExporter >>
> > addRenderingEdges isn't correctly set.
> > Do we have to change the js code to fix it ?
>
> I am not sure to understand. The method is:
>
> addRenderingEdges: fileStream
>
> fileStream
> nextPutAll: '/***** RENDERING LINKS*****/
> var links = dataset.links;
> var path = vis.selectAll("path")
>  .data(links);
> path.enter().append("path")
> .attr("d", elbow)
> .attr("stroke", function(d) {return d.edgeColor});';
> nextPutAll: ROPlatform current newLine.
>
> What is wrong with it?
>
> Alexandre

Daniel Aviv Notario
So, attending to the request Doru made, here's something similar to the example he provided in EyeSee... All the methods were already implemented but most of them didn't have a clear accesor to modify them.

So, if you just load the last version of GraphET and do this:

 builder := GETDiagramBuilder new.
 grouped := { #item1->{10 . 12 . 11 . 14 } . #item2-> { 1 . 1 . 20
 }
 . #item3->{ 1 . 1 . 1 . 1 . 1} }.
 diag := (GETVerticalBarDiagram new)
 modelLabels: [:each | each key ];
 y: [:each | each value size];
 yAxisLabel: 'Count';
 valueAxis;
height:200;
spacing:20;
 yAxisOnRight;
 color: Color veryLightGray;
 axisColor: Color veryLightGray;
 models: grouped;
 yourself.
 diag2 := (GETVerticalBarDiagram new)
 y: [:each | each value sum];
 regularAxis;
height: 200;
spacing:20;
yAxisLabel: 'Sum';
color: (Color red);
 axisColor: (Color red);
 models: grouped;
 yourself.
 (builder unionDiagram)
 add: diag;
add: diag2.
 builder open

You'll see it's very similar. There's two things I couldn't replicate so far, one of them is the rotating labels, as Roassal can't rotate labels yet, and the second one was the GapFraction, as axis in GraphET need some work yet, so implementing that kind of thing would be hard. I think I'll dedicate to a proper axis in the next couple of weeks.

Cheers :)!

Re: [Pharo-dev] Re: Feature for request for GraphET?

Tudor Girba-2
Hi Daniel,

Good work!

But, there is still something I do not quite understand. Take a look at the produced image. Why is it that in the first red bar appears behind the gray one, and the rest appear in front of the corresponding gray bars?

Related to the GapFraction: Could you describe what makes it such an expensive issue to compute the width of the bar with a bit of scaling? I am asking because this particular diagram does not work without it.

Cheers,
Doru

Inline image 1

--

"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: Cannot display 2 diagrams in the same webpage

Kevin Lanvin
Daniel's work is awesome, we needed this kind of diagrams too.
And since I use this new way to build diagrams, there is no bug anymore if I build two on the same page.

So everything is fine now. Thank you all !

> When I display 2 diagrams, the values of d attributes in <path> tags
> are not the good ones.
> So all the lines are in the wrong place.
> I suppose that it's coming from the method addRenderingEdges because
> this is where the path tag is set up.
>
> Kevin

Usman Bhatti
Hello and new year greetings.

On Thu, Jan 2, 2014 at 7:24 PM, Alexandre Bergel <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi!

Daniel is looking for usage scenarios with GraphET. It would be great to hear about your need.
Currently, we will work on:
  - PDF Export using Artefact
  - support for legend
  - smarter way to put labels on axis

Anything else?

Kiviat and Pie charts will be a good addition.

Cheers,
Alexandre
Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

Re: Feature for request for GraphET?

Ben Coman
Daniel Aviv Notario wrote:

There's two things I couldn't replicate so far, one of them is the rotating labels, as Roassal can't rotate labels yet,
A while ago there was a request for Roassal features.  I probably didn't think of this then, but rotated text would be a great addition - particularly for drawing domain like schematic diagram editors.

cheers -ben

Re: Feature for request for GraphET?

abergel
Hi Ben!