2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Feedback on Nautilus

abergel
Hi!

* What the icon means?

* Can I add a number of packages (based on regular expression?) to a group in one click? Have a look at the 'promote categories' command in OB. It is a bit boring to have to look for a particular package, especially when they are alphabetically ordered.

* What can be interesting, is to separate system packages from user packages, as it is done in many IDE. Currently, my packages Spy-* are represented the same way than Kernel. Putting system packages below user packages would improve the situation I feel. Maybe an option to not show system packages would be better.

* Nautilus does not seem to work. (Only Nautilus2 does). I open Nautilus and clicking on a package opens an error. Maybe it will be better on one unique browser. This will make your life easier. Just focus on the one you use everyday.

* The command "Add in Group ... " raises a DNU.

Cheers,
Alexandre
--
_,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:
Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu
^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;.

Screen shot 2011-05-25 at 12.31.56.png (7K) Download Attachment
Screen shot 2011-05-25 at 12.32.08.png (7K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Feedback on Nautilus

Stéphane Ducasse
which version are you using....
Alex can you report bugs in a way that we can immediately check and take actions.

the icons are not definitive.

> * Can I add a number of packages (based on regular expression?) to a group in one click? Have a look at the 'promote categories' command in OB. It is a bit boring to have to look for a particular package, especially when they are alphabetically ordered.

It should be easy to do it. Now somebody should do it.

> * What can be interesting, is to separate system packages from user packages, as it is done in many IDE. Currently, my packages Spy-* are represented the same way than Kernel. Putting system packages below user packages would improve the situation I feel. Maybe an option to not show system packages would be better.

Yes that could be good. Now alphabetic order is better than mess

> * Nautilus does not seem to work. (Only Nautilus2 does). I open Nautilus and clicking on a package opens an error. Maybe it will be better on one unique browser. This will make your life easier. Just focus on the one you use everyday.
>
> * The command "Add in Group ... " raises a DNU.
>
> Cheers,
> Alexandre
> --
> _,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:
> Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu
> ^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;.
>
>
>
>
>