Ficus question

Stephane Ducasse-3
Hi martin

I would like to know what is the API Ficus uses from TClass.
Do you have an idea?

Re: Ficus question

tinchodias
Hi Stef, I've just loaded Ficus in latest 6.1, and I didn't find any usage of TClass.

I printed "TClass users" and got "an IdentitySet(Trait Class)"

Then I browsed the code, and what I see in relation to your question is:

- RFiBehavior uses TClassDescription and TBehavior
- RFiAbstractTrait uses TComposingDescription and TTransformationCompatibility

This is part of the FicusRing package.

FYI, I loaded the project the same way as the bootstrap may be loading the code (is it loading it?):

EpMonitor current disable.
Metacello new
    smalltalkhubUser: 'MartinDias' project: 'Ficus';
     configuration: #Ficus;
    version: #development;
    load: #mini.

Martín

On Tue, Feb 13, 2018 at 2:23 PM, Stephane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi martin

I would like to know what is the API Ficus uses from TClass.
Do you have an idea?

Re: Ficus question

Stephane Ducasse-3
Thanks martin. I will check with Pavel when he is back from vacation
because these traits looks dated to me.

S.

On Tue, Feb 13, 2018 at 7:58 PM, Martin Dias <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Stef, I've just loaded Ficus in latest 6.1, and I didn't find any usage
> of TClass.
>
> I printed "TClass users" and got "an IdentitySet(Trait Class)"
>
> Then I browsed the code, and what I see in relation to your question is:
>
> - RFiBehavior uses TClassDescription and TBehavior
> - RFiAbstractTrait uses TComposingDescription and
> TTransformationCompatibility
>
> This is part of the FicusRing package.
>

> FYI, I loaded the project the same way as the bootstrap may be loading the
> code (is it loading it?):
>
> EpMonitor current disable.
> Metacello new
>     smalltalkhubUser: 'MartinDias' project: 'Ficus';
>      configuration: #Ficus;
>     version: #development;
>     load: #mini.
>

> Martín
>
> On Tue, Feb 13, 2018 at 2:23 PM, Stephane Ducasse <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hi martin
>>
>> I would like to know what is the API Ficus uses from TClass.
>> Do you have an idea?
>>

>> Stef

Re: Ficus question

NorbertHartl
What is Ficus?

Norbert

> Am 13.02.2018 um 18:23 schrieb Stephane Ducasse <[hidden email]>:
>
> Hi martin
>
> I would like to know what is the API Ficus uses from TClass.
> Do you have an idea?
>

> Stef

Re: Ficus question

Stephane Ducasse-3