File Manager

garduino
Hi Guys:

Do you have some demo or code to use a file manager inside an Iliad
application (a file manager that permits
select and multiselect files/folders and process them (for example zip
or upload))?

Thanks

Germán S. Arduino  <gsa @ arsol.net>   Twitter: garduino
Arduino Software & Web Hosting   http://www.arduinosoftware.com
PasswordsPro  http://www.passwordspro.com

Re: File Manager

Nicolas Petton
Le samedi 08 mai 2010 à 19:40 -0300, Germán Arduino a écrit :
> Hi Guys:
>
> Do you have some demo or code to use a file manager inside an Iliad
> application (a file manager that permits
> select and multiselect files/folders and process them (for example zip
> or upload))?

Hi German,

No, there is nothing like that, but it wouldn't be that hard to write
it :)

Nico

Re: File Manager

Paolo Bonzini-2
> No, there is nothing like that, but it wouldn't be that hard to write
> it :)

It would not be portable though.

Paolo

Re: File Manager

Nicolas Petton
Le dimanche 09 mai 2010 à 11:58 +0200, Paolo Bonzini a écrit :
> > No, there is nothing like that, but it wouldn't be that hard to write
> > it :)
>
> It would not be portable though.

No, and I wouldn't add it to Iliad packages. All I was saying is that it
should be quite easy to write (for a specific dialect).

Nico

Re: File Manager

garduino
Not portable between Smalltalks or between operating system.

I developed (using Seaside, sorry) a prototype using FileDirectory and works
ok on Linux and Windoze.

Germán.

2010/5/9 Nicolas Petton <[hidden email]>:

> Le dimanche 09 mai 2010 à 11:58 +0200, Paolo Bonzini a écrit :
>> > No, there is nothing like that, but it wouldn't be that hard to write
>> > it :)
>>
>> It would not be portable though.
>
> No, and I wouldn't add it to Iliad packages. All I was saying is that it
> should be quite easy to write (for a specific dialect).
>
> Nico

Re: File Manager

garduino
Ahh, sorry, I'm using Pharo, not GNU Smalltalk.

2010/5/9 Germán Arduino <[hidden email]>:

> Not portable between Smalltalks or between operating system.
>
> I developed (using Seaside, sorry) a prototype using FileDirectory and works
> ok on Linux and Windoze.
>
> Germán.

>>> It would not be portable though.
>>
>> No, and I wouldn't add it to Iliad packages. All I was saying is that it
>> should be quite easy to write (for a specific dialect).
>>
>> Nico

Re: File Manager

Nicolas Petton
Le dimanche 09 mai 2010 à 09:15 -0300, Germán Arduino a écrit :
> Not portable between Smalltalks or between operating system.
>
> I developed (using Seaside, sorry) a prototype using FileDirectory and works
> ok on Linux and Windoze.

If you already have a prototype written in Seaside, I'm sure you can
port it to Iliad easily.

Does it use a Seaside component? Is it RESTFul?

Cheers,
Nico

Re: File Manager

garduino
By now is only FileDirectory in a WAComponent. Only to try.

Cheers.