File out with syntax highlighting

Schwab,Wilhelm K
Hello all,

I did a little more digging toward my goal of exporting a given package's code in syntax-highlighted form.  Solutions suggested below include Squeak's copy-to-html and Shout-Pier.  The copy code was removed from Pharo.  Are the pieces still more or less available, or did a lot of code get tossed?  I envision a small export filter that takes a package name and writes html for every method that belongs in the package, so I don't care about the menu/command integration, only about how practical it would be to use the pieces in the image to build the filter.

The other option is Pier-Shout.  Where does that live?  It is not my first choice, but if nothing else, it might fill in the missing pieces allowing me to build what I want.

Bill

http://www.mail-archive.com/pharo-project@.../msg21418.html

Re: File out with syntax highlighting

Stéphane Ducasse

On Aug 13, 2010, at 5:39 PM, Schwab,Wilhelm K wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I did a little more digging toward my goal of exporting a given package's code in syntax-highlighted form.  Solutions suggested below include Squeak's copy-to-html and Shout-Pier.  The copy code was removed from Pharo.

It was bad.

>  Are the pieces still more or less available, or did a lot of code get tossed?

believe me you do not want to use that

>  I envision a small export filter that takes a package name and writes html for every method that belongs in the package, so I don't care about the menu/command integration, only about how practical it would be to use the pieces in the image to build the filter.

damien cassou did a package exporter in latex, probably html based on visitor some years ago
send me an email

> The other option is Pier-Shout.  Where does that live?  It is not my first choice, but if nothing else, it might fill in the missing pieces allowing me to build what I want.

quite well. All the seaside book uses it.

> Bill
>

> http://www.mail-archive.com/pharo-project@.../msg21418.html

Re: File out with syntax highlighting

Schwab,Wilhelm K
Stef,

Thanks for the scouting report.  I would be very interested in Damien's package exporter.

Thanks!

Bill

On Aug 13, 2010, at 5:39 PM, Schwab,Wilhelm K wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I did a little more digging toward my goal of exporting a given package's code in syntax-highlighted form.  Solutions suggested below include Squeak's copy-to-html and Shout-Pier.  The copy code was removed from Pharo.

It was bad.

>  Are the pieces still more or less available, or did a lot of code get tossed?

believe me you do not want to use that

>  I envision a small export filter that takes a package name and writes html for every method that belongs in the package, so I don't care about the menu/command integration, only about how practical it would be to use the pieces in the image to build the filter.

damien cassou did a package exporter in latex, probably html based on visitor some years ago
send me an email

> The other option is Pier-Shout.  Where does that live?  It is not my first choice, but if nothing else, it might fill in the missing pieces allowing me to build what I want.

quite well. All the seaside book uses it.

> Bill
>

> http://www.mail-archive.com/pharo-project@.../msg21418.html

Re: File out with syntax highlighting

Nick
Hi Bill,

I did a little more digging toward my goal of exporting a given package's code in syntax-highlighted form.

Another option might be to use an Javascript syntax highlighter. http://www.oriontransfer.co.nz/software/jquery-syntax/examples/index (says it supports Smalltalk)

Nick