FileChooser (Squeak) = ........ (Pharo)

Hannes Hirzel
Hello

I am porting an application from Squeak to Pharo (actually the
moose-seaside-glamour image) and I wonder what the equivalent class of
FileChooser is?

There are five 'Chooser' classes in Pharo 1.1 but no FileChooser.

Thank you for the answer in advance

Hannes

Re: FileChooser (Squeak) = ........ (Pharo)

Hannes Hirzel
It seems to be
    FileDialogWindow

So the question is how is the following snippet translated. The
examples I found in the image did not work for some reason.

"Squeak"
fc := FileChooser new.
fc initializeAsDialogBox.
fc open.
fc fullName

On 10/15/10, Hannes Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello
>
> I am porting an application from Squeak to Pharo (actually the
> moose-seaside-glamour image) and I wonder what the equivalent class of
> FileChooser is?
>
> There are five 'Chooser' classes in Pharo 1.1 but no FileChooser.
>
> Thank you for the answer in advance
>
> Hannes

Re: FileChooser (Squeak) = ........ (Pharo)

Henrik Sperre Johansen

On Oct 15, 2010, at 3:29 01PM, Hannes Hirzel wrote:

> It seems to be
>    FileDialogWindow
>
> So the question is how is the following snippet translated. The
> examples I found in the image did not work for some reason.
>
> "Squeak"
> fc := FileChooser new.
> fc initializeAsDialogBox.
> fc open.
> fc fullName
>
> On 10/15/10, Hannes Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hello
>>
>> I am porting an application from Squeak to Pharo (actually the
>> moose-seaside-glamour image) and I wonder what the equivalent class of
>> FileChooser is?
>>
>> There are five 'Chooser' classes in Pharo 1.1 but no FileChooser.
>>
>> Thank you for the answer in advance
>>
>> Hannes

UIManager default chooseFileMatching: '*'   ?

Cheers,
Henry

Re: FileChooser (Squeak) = ........ (Pharo)

Hannes Hirzel
Yes, good idea. Something like this which is in Squeak and Pharo. The
snippet as such however does not work...
It chooses directories and does not give the full path.

--Hannes

On 10/15/10, Henrik Johansen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Oct 15, 2010, at 3:29 01PM, Hannes Hirzel wrote:
>
>> It seems to be
>>    FileDialogWindow
>>
>> So the question is how is the following snippet translated. The
>> examples I found in the image did not work for some reason.
>>
>> "Squeak"
>> fc := FileChooser new.
>> fc initializeAsDialogBox.
>> fc open.
>> fc fullName
>>
>> On 10/15/10, Hannes Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Hello
>>>
>>> I am porting an application from Squeak to Pharo (actually the
>>> moose-seaside-glamour image) and I wonder what the equivalent class of
>>> FileChooser is?
>>>
>>> There are five 'Chooser' classes in Pharo 1.1 but no FileChooser.
>>>
>>> Thank you for the answer in advance
>>>
>>> Hannes
>

> UIManager default chooseFileMatching: '*'   ?
>
> Cheers,
> Henry

Re: FileChooser (Squeak) = ........ (Pharo)

pgonzalez
try this:

|fd|
fd :=FileDialogWindow basicNew