FileOut from VisualWorks

Goubier Thierry
Hi,

I have some code I'd like to port from VisualWorks to Pharo. How would
one do that ? Both file outs formats are different, as far as I could find.

Regards,

Thierry
--
Thierry Goubier
CEA list
Phone/Fax: +33 (0) 1 69 08 32 92 / 83 95

Re: FileOut from VisualWorks

Guillermo Polito
There is not a way to import code from visualWorks from pharo so far that I know.  But the infrastructure is there:  Look at CodeImporter and ChunkFileFormatParser classes in 2.0.

Implementing an VisualWorksXmlFileFormatParser should not be very difficult.  You can have a look at ConfigurationOfXmlSupport in MetacelloRepository for some xml parsers.

Guille

On May 21, 2012, at 12:51 PM, Goubier Thierry wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have some code I'd like to port from VisualWorks to Pharo. How would one do that ? Both file outs formats are different, as far as I could find.

First there is a bundle to output Squeak format. Usually I hack the outputted to avoid _ and emit := instead.
May be look on the cincom store for the package.
I can look around.
Then I flatten the namespace with emacs.

Re: FileOut from VisualWorks

Goubier Thierry
I'm trying with the FileOut30 package, in VisualWorks compatibility
mode. So far so good, but this code depends on the compiler
infrastructure of VisualWorks.

So what is the Pharo equivalent of ProgramNodeEnumerator ? Something in
AST-* ?

Thanks,

Thierry

--
Thierry Goubier
CEA list
91191 Gif sur Yvette Cedex
France
Phone/Fax: +33 (0) 1 69 08 32 92 / 83 95

Re: FileOut from VisualWorks

Stéphane Ducasse

> I'm trying with the FileOut30 package, in VisualWorks compatibility mode. So far so good, but this code depends on the compiler infrastructure of VisualWorks.

but you should not run it in pharo but in vw so normally you do not need to change the parse tree visitor.

Stef

Le 21/05/2012 15:03, Stéphane Ducasse a écrit :

>> I'm trying with the FileOut30 package, in VisualWorks compatibility mode. So far so good, but this code depends on the compiler infrastructure of VisualWorks.
>

> but you should not run it in pharo but in vw so normally you do not need to change the parse tree visitor.

Oh, but my own code does make use of the compiler :-).

RBProgramNodeVisitor seems to be the class I need to use in Pharo.

Thierry