FilePlugin changed it's behavior?

Guillermo Polito
Hi guys,

I'm looking at this issue: http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/detail?can=2&start=0&num=100&q=&colspec=ID%20Type%20Status%20Summary%20Milestone%20Difficulty&groupby=&sort=&id=5870#makechanges.

And debugging, it seems that the primitive

rename: oldFileFullName to: newFileFullName
    "Rename the file of the given name to the new name. Fail if there is no file of the old name
    or if there is an existing file with the new name."

    <primitive: 'primitiveFileRename' module: 'FilePlugin'>
    ^nil

is not failing as it says it should in the comment.

Has this behavior changed lately?  Should this be fixed in the vm side, wait for NativeBoost? Or we should just by now fix the comment and clients not to expect that?
some pointer?

Tx

Re: FilePlugin changed it's behavior?

Stéphane Ducasse
> is not failing as it says it should in the comment.
>
> Has this behavior changed lately?  Should this be fixed in the vm side, wait for NativeBoost? Or we should just by now fix the comment and clients not to expect that?

I think that we should put all our eggs in the same basket :) so the non native boost version should work too.
> some pointer?
>
> Tx

Re: FilePlugin changed it's behavior?

Igor Stasenko
On 6 June 2012 21:48, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> is not failing as it says it should in the comment.
>>
>> Has this behavior changed lately?  Should this be fixed in the vm side, wait for NativeBoost? Or we should just by now fix the comment and clients not to expect that?
>
> I think that we should put all our eggs in the same basket :) so the non native boost version should work too.

Sorry for confusion.. the thing we did with NB was just a mere experiment..
File plugin should work without NB or with it.. out of the question.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko.

Re: FilePlugin changed it's behavior?

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Guillermo Polito wrote
Has this behavior changed lately?
There's something weird and scary going on with FilePlugin...
* Issue 6050: ensureDirectory looks strange http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/detail?id=6050
* http://forum.world.st/FilePlugin-bug-td4634074.html

Anyone else notice anything?

- S
Cheers,
Sean

Re: FilePlugin changed it's behavior?

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Sean P. DeNigris wrote
There's something weird and scary going on with FilePlugin...
* Issue 6050: ensureDirectory looks strange http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/detail?id=6050
* http://forum.world.st/FilePlugin-bug-td4634074.html
Fixed... see http://forum.world.st/FileReference-gt-gt-exists-not-working-td4634285.html
Cheers,