FileReference >> #exists not working?

Mariano Martinez Peck
imagine 'foo.txt' file exists in my image directory, if I do:

'foo.txt' asFileReference exits -> true.
'foo.txt' asFileReference delete
(the file is removed from the OS)
'foo.txt' asFileReference exits -> true.
mmmm shouldn't be false now?

couldn't debug it yet... sorry

--
Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

Re: FileReference >> #exists not working?

EstebanLM
can be related to http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/detail?id=5693
so... you should download latest vm to try it.

On Jun 11, 2012, at 11:24 AM, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

imagine 'foo.txt' file exists in my image directory, if I do:

'foo.txt' asFileReference exits -> true.
'foo.txt' asFileReference delete
(the file is removed from the OS)
'foo.txt' asFileReference exits -> true.
mmmm shouldn't be false now?

couldn't debug it yet... sorry

--
Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

Re: FileReference >> #exists not working?

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
EstebanLM wrote
That one was effecting symlinks. It's more probably related to...

http://forum.world.st/FilePlugin-changed-it-s-behavior-td4633565.html
        There's something weird and scary going on with FilePlugin...
        * Issue 6050: ensureDirectory looks strange http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/detail?id=6050
        * http://forum.world.st/FilePlugin-bug-td4634074.html
Cheers,
Sean

Re: FileReference >> #exists not working?

EstebanLM
both were same problem and both *should* (not completely sure, he) work on latest vm, please check :)
(if we can get jenkings to work again, :)

On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 5:21 PM, Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]> wrote:
both were same problem and both *should* (not completely sure, he) work on latest vm, please check :)

please, tell me EXACTLY which job.
https://ci.lille.inria.fr/pharo/view/VM-dev/   has 6 jobs.
https://ci.lille.inria.fr/pharo/view/Cog/ has 11 jobs
https://ci.lille.inria.fr/pharo/view/VM/ has 1 job.

so...which one?

(if we can get jenkings to work again, :)

On Jun 11, 2012, at 4:20 PM, Sean P. DeNigris wrote:

> EstebanLM wrote
>>
>> can be related to http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/detail?id=5693
>>

> That one was effecting symlinks. It's more probably related to...
>
> http://forum.world.st/FilePlugin-changed-it-s-behavior-td4633565.html
>       There's something weird and scary going on with FilePlugin...
>       * Issue 6050:   ensureDirectory looks strange
>       * http://forum.world.st/FilePlugin-bug-td4634074.html

Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

Re: FileReference >> #exists not working?

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Sean P. DeNigris wrote
        * Issue 6050: ensureDirectory looks strange http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/detail?id=6050
The code snippet works now with the Jenkins Cog VM at https://ci.lille.inria.fr/pharo/job/Cog-VM/ (build #45 - last successful)

Good... that was a scary one. How was it resolved?
Cheers,
Sean

Re: FileReference >> #exists not working?

EstebanLM
none :)
(they should be not active, and removed soon)

use this: https://ci.lille.inria.fr/pharo/view/Cog/job/Cog-VM/

Esteban

On Jun 11, 2012, at 8:33 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 5:21 PM, Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]> wrote:
both were same problem and both *should* (not completely sure, he) work on latest vm, please check :)

please, tell me EXACTLY which job.
https://ci.lille.inria.fr/pharo/view/VM-dev/   has 6 jobs.
https://ci.lille.inria.fr/pharo/view/Cog/ has 11 jobs
https://ci.lille.inria.fr/pharo/view/VM/ has 1 job.

so...which one?

(if we can get jenkings to work again, :)

On Jun 11, 2012, at 4:20 PM, Sean P. DeNigris wrote:

> EstebanLM wrote
>>
>> can be related to http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/detail?id=5693
>>

> That one was effecting symlinks. It's more probably related to...
>
> http://forum.world.st/FilePlugin-changed-it-s-behavior-td4633565.html
>       There's something weird and scary going on with FilePlugin...
>       * Issue 6050:   ensureDirectory looks strange
>       * http://forum.world.st/FilePlugin-bug-td4634074.html

Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

Re: FileReference >> #exists not working?

EstebanLM
digging with Camillo in the code implementation and realizing that there was a bug in the plugin support files :)

Esteban