FileSystem-Legacy fixes

Johan Brichau-2
Hi Pharoers,
Hi Camillo,

To make Seaside3.0.x work in Pharo2.0, we included the FileSystem-Legacy package.
(this is probably the easiest solution for Seaside3.0.x branch)

I did need to make some changes because this package had a slightly different behavior than the legacy code in some methods:
- add #primPathNameDelimiter
- #directoryExists: should not only check if it exists, it should also check if it's a directory:
        (self resolve: filenameOrPath) exists and:[(self resolve: filename) isDirectory]
- #directoryNamed: was actually able to accept a fully qualified pathName as an argument (not logical, but that's legacy ;-). So implemented as follows:
  FileDirectory on: (self fullNameFor: localFileName)

What do you think?
Can I publish these changes to the FileSystem package?

regards
Johan

Re: FileSystem-Legacy fixes

Camillo Bruni-3
Yes that sounds like a good idea.
and we should move it then to PharoExtras.

I created http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~PharoExtras/FileSystemLegacy/ and added you as a contributor.
Could you copy over the contents from http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~dh83/fisleg ?
and maybe create a configuration?

thanks a lot!

On 2013-03-30, at 09:17, Johan Brichau <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Pharoers,
> Hi Camillo,
>
> To make Seaside3.0.x work in Pharo2.0, we included the FileSystem-Legacy package.
> (this is probably the easiest solution for Seaside3.0.x branch)
>
> I did need to make some changes because this package had a slightly different behavior than the legacy code in some methods:
> - add #primPathNameDelimiter
> - #directoryExists: should not only check if it exists, it should also check if it's a directory:
> (self resolve: filenameOrPath) exists and:[(self resolve: filename) isDirectory]
> - #directoryNamed: was actually able to accept a fully qualified pathName as an argument (not logical, but that's legacy ;-). So implemented as follows:
> FileDirectory on: (self fullNameFor: localFileName)
>
> What do you think?
> Can I publish these changes to the FileSystem package?
>
> regards
> Johan

Re: FileSystem-Legacy fixes

Johan Brichau-2