FileSystem outside of Pharo 2.0

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
I'm thinking about making a Metacello configuration for FileSystem, so I can continually load its improvements in 1.4 and have still have repeatable load scripts. Given our plans for FileSystem, does that seem like a workable idea? Also, it seems like it is pretty independent, does it currently depend on anything else in the image? Will it anytime soon?

Thanks,
Sean
Cheers,
Sean

Re: FileSystem outside of Pharo 2.0

Camillo Bruni-3
I think that should work pretty fine.
Since the current goal is to integrate it closely into the system, the major
issue is to adapt everything else :)

On 2012-06-25, at 19:34, Sean P. DeNigris wrote:

> I'm thinking about making a Metacello configuration for FileSystem, so I can
> continually load its improvements in 1.4 and have still have repeatable load
> scripts. Given our plans for FileSystem, does that seem like a workable
> idea? Also, it seems like it is pretty independent, does it currently depend
> on anything else in the image? Will it anytime soon?
>
> Thanks,
> Sean

Re: FileSystem outside of Pharo 2.0

Sean

May be it would be better that you try to develop in 2.0. I try to do it as much as I can to find bugs and problem.
Now may be FileSystem can be loaded via a configuration but its integration probably not.

Stef