Filetree repository from string error

Jan Blizničenko
Hello

I use Windows 7 with Pharo 4 (latest image and VM) and I have our project in filetree on disc, repository is not yet created in monticello.
When I run following code in playground, which should create and load it, I get error ZnPortNotANumber

Metacello new
    baseline: 'OurProject';
    repository: 'filetree://C:\Users\User\Pharo\ourproject\repository';
    load.

Screenshot: https://monosnap.com/file/HuHMjxAfVa53eZAev3KAXL4J7bTjGW.png

I would gladly provide any other information, or try anything, if needed.

Jan

Re: Filetree repository from string error

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2
Jan,

That is wishful thinking, there are no backslashes in URLs. Furthermore, the drive is not a host, but is part of the path, hence you need 3 backslashes:

Try:

'filetree:///C:/Users/User/Pharo/ourproject/repository' asUrl.

'file:///C:/Users/User/Pharo/ourproject/repository' asUrl asFileReference.

See:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File_URI_scheme

Sven

> On 25 Feb 2015, at 15:53, Jan B. <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello
>
> I use Windows 7 with Pharo 4 (latest image and VM) and I have our project in
> filetree on disc, repository is not yet created in monticello.
> When I run following code in playground, which should create and load it, I
> get error ZnPortNotANumber
>
> Metacello new
>    baseline: 'OurProject';
>    repository: 'filetree://C:\Users\User\Pharo\ourproject\repository';
>    load.
>
> Screenshot: https://monosnap.com/file/HuHMjxAfVa53eZAev3KAXL4J7bTjGW.png
>
> I would gladly provide any other information, or try anything, if needed.
>
> Jan

Re: Filetree repository from string error

Jan Blizničenko
Hello Sven

All I had to change is the one additional slash and it works now, thank you a lot.

So this works:

 Metacello new
    baseline: 'OurProject';
    repository: 'filetree:///C:\Users\User\Pharo\ourproject\repository';
    load.

I got mislead by that when I add filetree repository via monticello GUI, it shows there as repository filetree://C:\Users\User\Pharo\ourproject\repository

Jan

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2 wrote
Jan,

That is wishful thinking, there are no backslashes in URLs. Furthermore, the drive is not a host, but is part of the path, hence you need 3 backslashes:

Try:

'filetree:///C:/Users/User/Pharo/ourproject/repository' asUrl.

'file:///C:/Users/User/Pharo/ourproject/repository' asUrl asFileReference.

See:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File_URI_scheme

Sven

> On 25 Feb 2015, at 15:53, Jan B. <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello
>
> I use Windows 7 with Pharo 4 (latest image and VM) and I have our project in
> filetree on disc, repository is not yet created in monticello.
> When I run following code in playground, which should create and load it, I
> get error ZnPortNotANumber
>
> Metacello new
>    baseline: 'OurProject';
>    repository: 'filetree://C:\Users\User\Pharo\ourproject\repository';
>    load.
>
> Screenshot: https://monosnap.com/file/HuHMjxAfVa53eZAev3KAXL4J7bTjGW.png
>
> I would gladly provide any other information, or try anything, if needed.
>
> Jan

Re: Filetree repository from string error

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2
Well, it could be that it works, but that is by accident.

When using backslashes instead of forward slashes, the path is not parsed correctly.

Even FileSystem paths are represented differently (internally of course, when going to the file system, eventually you need backslashes on Windows).

But I am not on Windows, so I am not placed well to discuss the actual experience.