Filing in code by script

Esteban A. Maringolo
Sometimes I need to patch a simple method and I don't want to upload a
whole new image to the server (unless until I have CI).

How can I file in some code in the startup script?

Today I start my server with:

$ nohup pharo server.image startup.st

What should I add to startup to file in a few chunks of code from a
patches.st file?

Is
CodeImporter evaluateFileNamed: 'patches.st'

the right way to do it?
Should I use absolute file paths?
Should I consider something else?

Regards.

Esteban A. Maringolo

Re: Filing in code by script

hernanmd
Can you update while running?
For that I use my http://www.smalltalkhub.com/#!/~hernan/ApplicationUpdater which also can use Scheduler for scheduled updates if you prefer.
I won't bother with patching from chunk files.

HernĂ¡n