Filtering elements to import from MSE files?

Filtering elements to import from MSE files?

Hani Abdeen
Hi,

I'm wondering if it's possible to configure the MSE importer of Moose to import elements that satisfy some conditions (e.g., [ :element | element isFamixPackage ]).
In fact, I need to import only packages/namespaces and their classes from MSE files. Why? because I want to load many many moose models (software versions) in one image and I'm interested in few information within those models (e.g., packages and their classes --without methods, attributes, references, invocations, etc.).

By reading FMMSEParser and FMParseClientFilter, I found that we may set a filter that specify the name of elements to import. Yet I'm not sure about this.
However, I did not find any api that we may use to set a filter that specify the type of elements to import.
Is there a such api?
if no, is it "possible" to implement it? any suggestions?

It would be great if we can set a block filter: e.g.,    [ :element | element isFamixScopingEntity and: [ element isStub not ]  ]

Cheers,
Hani

Re: Filtering elements to import from MSE files?

Andre Hora
Hello Hani,

Yes, it is possible.
You can use the MooseImportingContext and set the entities that you want to import.

See for example FAMIXStepwiseImporterTest>>testImportNamespace

regards,

On Fri, Feb 15, 2013 at 12:25 AM, Hani Abdeen <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Many thanks Andre,

this is excellent

regards,
Hani

On 15 February 2013 10:23, Andre Hora <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Nicolas Anquetil

fun part of all this is that you are both sitting one next to the other in the same room :-) :-) :-)

nicolas

On 02/15/2013 10:52 AM, Hani Abdeen wrote:
[...]

Nicolas Anquetil -- RMod research team (Inria)

On Fri, Feb 15, 2013 at 4:40 PM, Nicolas Anquetil <[hidden email]> wrote:

fun part of all this is that you are both sitting one next to the other in the same room :-) :-) :-)
Not midnight when he asked =D

[...]

:)   yes it's fun,
we both discussed this subject yesterday and both forgot MooseImportingContext
thanks to Moose mailinglist, asking the question via this mailing-list has helped Andre to remember this class :)
Indeed, your room is not so far from ours and so on :)

Hani