Final 1.4 images...

12

Final 1.4 images...

Marcus Denker-4

Re: Final 1.4 images...

Herby Vojčík
It is not green (one-click on Windows 7 Starter 32-bit).

Herby

tests_Pharo1.4_2012-04-18T15#37#17.538+02#00.txt (504 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: Final 1.4 images...

Stefan Marr-3
Hi:

On 18 Apr 2012, at 16:57, Herby Vojčík wrote:

> It is not green (one-click on Windows 7 Starter 32-bit).

Here on OSX 10.6, only MirrorPrimitiveTests >> #testMirrorSize is an unexpected pass.

Best regards
Stefan

--
Stefan Marr
Software Languages Lab

Re: Final 1.4 images...

Hernan Wilkinson-3
on linux, 8449 run, 8395 passes, 52 expected failures, 1 failures, 0 errors, 1 unexpected passes

Failure is DateAndTimeTest>>testPrintStringNoOffset
unexpedted Pass: testMirrorSize

On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 12:34 PM, Stefan Marr <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi:

On 18 Apr 2012, at 16:57, Herby Vojčík wrote:

> It is not green (one-click on Windows 7 Starter 32-bit).

Here on OSX 10.6, only MirrorPrimitiveTests >> #testMirrorSize is an unexpected pass.

Best regards
Stefan

--
Stefan Marr
Software Languages Lab
Vrije Universiteit Brussel
Pleinlaan 2 / B-1050 Brussels / Belgium
http://soft.vub.ac.be/~smarr
Phone: +32 2 629 2974
Fax:   +32 2 629 3525

--
Hernán Wilkinson
Agile Software Development, Teaching & Coaching
Address: Paraguay 523, Floor 7 N, Buenos Aires, Argentina

Re: Final 1.4 images...

Andreas Wacknitz

Am 18.04.2012 um 14:39 schrieb Marcus Denker:

Pharo is getting better with every release.

Regards
Andreas

smime.p7s (6K) Download Attachment

Re: Final 1.4 images...

Marcus Denker-4

On Apr 18, 2012, at 5:59 PM, Hernan Wilkinson wrote:

> on linux, 8449 run, 8395 passes, 52 expected failures, 1 failures, 0 errors, 1 unexpected passes
>
> Failure is DateAndTimeTest>>testPrintStringNoOffset

yes, only if you are not in our time zone ;-)

We decided to fix that later...

> unexpedted Pass: testMirrorSize

yes, the VM shipped is slighly newer than the one on the build server...
we will be able to change that as soon as the VM is updated.
(Christoph has the auto-update nearly ready, but we decided against
using it just today...)

        Marcus

--
Marcus Denker -- http://marcusdenker.de

Re: Final 1.4 images...

Marcus Denker-4

On Apr 18, 2012, at 4:57 PM, Herby Vojčík wrote:

> It is not green (one-click on Windows 7 Starter 32-bit).
>

> <tests_Pharo1.4_2012-04-18T15#37#17.538+02#00.txt>

Thanks! We will fix those... we tried to get the tests to be run by jenkins
on windows for 1.4, but then decided to postpone it this week.
(It's nearly working... but not completely. And then making the tests green
is another story...)

        Marcus

--
Marcus Denker -- http://marcusdenker.de

Re: Final 1.4 images...

Mark Smith
Great news! :)

My thanks to everyone who has helped make Pharo even better.

Re: Final 1.4 images...

philippeback
Great stuff.

Image works nicely. I noticed a _'unused' package after I installed Nautilus. Do not know if it is in the base image or not.

Kudos!

Philippe

2012/4/18 Mark Smith <[hidden email]>
Great news! :)

My thanks to everyone who has helped make Pharo even better.

On 18 Apr 2012, at 13:39, Marcus Denker wrote:

> Hi,
>
> final images:
>
> One-Click:
>
>       https://gforge.inria.fr/frs/download.php/30615/Pharo-1.4-14437-OneClick.zip
>
> Just image:
>       https://gforge.inria.fr/frs/download.php/30613/Pharo-1.4-14437.zip
>
> already linked on
>
>       http://www.pharo-project.org/pharo-download/release-1-4
>

> --
> Marcus Denker -- http://marcusdenker.de

--
Philippe Back
"Helping you hit the top 3 outcomes you really want to achieve"

Mob: +32(0) 478 650 140 | Fax: +32 (0) 70 408 027 Mail: [hidden email] | Web: http://philippeback.eu | Blog:

High Octane SPRL
rue cour Boisacq 101
1301 Bierges

Re: Final 1.4 images...

laurent laffont
Thanks a lot !

Laurent

On 18 Apr 2012, at 16:34, Stefan Marr wrote:

> Hi:
>
> On 18 Apr 2012, at 16:57, Herby Vojčík wrote:
>
>> It is not green (one-click on Windows 7 Starter 32-bit).
>
> Here on OSX 10.6, only MirrorPrimitiveTests >> #testMirrorSize is an unexpected pass.

I see the same on OS X 10.7.3

> Best regards
> Stefan
>

> --
> Stefan Marr
> Software Languages Lab
> Vrije Universiteit Brussel
> Pleinlaan 2 / B-1050 Brussels / Belgium
> http://soft.vub.ac.be/~smarr
> Phone: +32 2 629 2974
> Fax:   +32 2 629 3525

Re: Final 1.4 images...

Benjamin Van Ryseghem (Pharo)
It is, it's the default package

Ben

On Apr 18, 2012, at 11:07 PM, [hidden email] wrote:

Great stuff.

Image works nicely. I noticed a _'unused' package after I installed Nautilus. Do not know if it is in the base image or not.

Kudos!

Philippe

2012/4/18 Mark Smith <[hidden email]>
Great news! :)

My thanks to everyone who has helped make Pharo even better.

On 18 Apr 2012, at 13:39, Marcus Denker wrote:

> Hi,
>
> final images:
>
> One-Click:
>
>       https://gforge.inria.fr/frs/download.php/30615/Pharo-1.4-14437-OneClick.zip
>
> Just image:
>       https://gforge.inria.fr/frs/download.php/30613/Pharo-1.4-14437.zip
>
> already linked on
>
>       http://www.pharo-project.org/pharo-download/release-1-4
>

> --
> Marcus Denker -- http://marcusdenker.de

--
Philippe Back
"Helping you hit the top 3 outcomes you really want to achieve"

Mob: +32(0) 478 650 140 | Fax: +32 (0) 70 408 027 Mail: [hidden email] | Web: http://philippeback.eu | Blog:

High Octane SPRL
rue cour Boisacq 101
1301 Bierges

Re: Final 1.4 images...

Gary Chambers-4
Too late for Polymorph etc. changes for 1.4 I guess...
Going to make time for a changeset tomorrow, should be back-portable.

I'll use the current 1.4 build as a difference baseline.

Regards, Gary

Sent from my iPad

On Apr 19, 2012, at 1:58 AM, Gary Chambers wrote:

> Too late for Polymorph etc. changes for 1.4 I guess...

life does not stop with 1.4.... :-)

> Going to make time for a changeset tomorrow, should be back-portable.
>
> I'll use the current 1.4 build as a difference baseline.

Ok, then we can integrate that in 2.0 directly at the start.

--
Marcus Denker -- http://marcusdenker.de

Re: Final 1.4 images...

Marcus Denker-4

Re: Final 1.4 images...

Gary

yes send the fixes they will get directly in 2.0alpha

Stef

>> Too late for Polymorph etc. changes for 1.4 I guess...
>
> life does not stop with 1.4.... :-)
>
>> Going to make time for a changeset tomorrow, should be back-portable.
>>
>> I'll use the current 1.4 build as a difference baseline.
>>
> Ok, then we can integrate that in 2.0 directly at the start.
>

> --
> Marcus Denker -- http://marcusdenker.de

Re: [Pharo-users] Final 1.4 images...

Bernat Romagosa
Congratulations, Pharo 1.4 looks really neat and so far very usable!

Just one thing, what happened to the format shortcut (control+r)? I use it all the time, like three times per method I write... is it possible to get it back? :)

Cheers,

Bernat.

2012/4/19 Marcus Denker <[hidden email]>
We added more infos in the worspace:

https://gforge.inria.fr/frs/download.php/30620/Pharo-1.4-14438.zip
https://gforge.inria.fr/frs/download.php/30621/Pharo-1.4-14438-OneClick.zip

Bernat Romagosa.

Re: [Pharo-users] Final 1.4 images...

Bernat Romagosa
One more thing, how does one rename a method? Was this option removed from the browser?

Bernat Romagosa.

Re: [Pharo-users] Final 1.4 images...

Mariano Martinez Peck

On Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 12:03 PM, Bernat Romagosa <[hidden email]> wrote:
One more thing, how does one rename a method? Was this option removed from the browser?

The problem is that the image you are using comes by default with a limited system browser. It does not know anything about refactorings.
To have a really development image, install Nautilus on it. Imagine you are using like the previous PharoCore + code completion + shout

http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

Re: [Pharo-users] Final 1.4 images...

Bernat Romagosa
Thanks Mariano,

I tried installing OmniBrowser but I couldn't manage to get autocomplete working. Now I just installed Nautilus and it works great, I'm only missing the "format" shortcut... anyone know if it's possible to get this feature in Nautilus?

Cheers!