Final Project: AR.Drone communication API in Pharo

Final Project: AR.Drone communication API in Pharo

Carolina Hernández
Hi!
Earlier this year I told you about the communication API for controlling the AR.Drone 2.0 from Pharo I was developing as part of my final degree project.
Today I want to share with you its final version. As before, the code is hosted in: http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~CaroHernandez/ArDronePharo

I made two demo videos:

In each demo the drone flies autonomously according to the location of tags detected by its cameras. The demos are programmed using a live programming language called LRP. This language was developed by members of my university. Here you can find more about LRP: https://pleiad.cl/research/software/lrp

The code was tested and developed under ubuntu 12.04 and Pharo 5.0.
I hope you like it! :-)

Cheers
Caro

Re: Final Project: AR.Drone communication API in Pharo

Esteban A. Maringolo
This is really cool!

It made me wish to buy an AR.Drone :)
Esteban A. Maringolo

> Hi!
> Earlier this year I told you about the communication API for controlling the
> AR.Drone 2.0 from Pharo I was developing as part of my final degree project.
> Today I want to share with you its final version. As before, the code is
> hosted in: http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~CaroHernandez/ArDronePharo
>
> I made two demo videos:
> http://bit.ly/ARDroneLRP1
> http://bit.ly/ARDroneLRP2
>
> In each demo the drone flies autonomously according to the location of tags
> detected by its cameras. The demos are programmed using a live programming
> language called LRP. This language was developed by members of my
> university. Here you can find more about LRP:
> https://pleiad.cl/research/software/lrp
>
> The code was tested and developed under ubuntu 12.04 and Pharo 5.0.
> I hope you like it! :-)
>
> Cheers
> Caro

Caro

Re: Final Project: AR.Drone communication API in Pharo

jfabry
Excellent work :-)

I just have one extra question: can you tell us where the LRP code for both examples is published?

--
Does this mail seem too brief? Sorry for that, I don’t mean to be rude! Please see http://emailcharter.org .

Johan Fabry   -   http://pleiad.cl/~jfabry
PLEIAD and RyCh labs  -  Computer Science Department (DCC)  -  University of Chile

Caro

Re: Final Project: AR.Drone communication API in Pharo

Marcus Denker-4
Hi!

Very nice!

I added this as a news story to pharo.org: