classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Finder issue?

Francisco Ortiz Peñaloza
Hi,

after loading last Shout on PharoCore the new Finder isn't working properly. Let's see

PluggableShoutMorph>>initialize registers Shout in AppRegistry as the default MorphicTextEditor but FinderUI>>buildSourceTextArea uses a PluggableTextMorph.

I think it should be using the more dinamic MorphicTextEditor default insted of the hardcoded PluggableTextMorph. Am i right?

Francisco 
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Finder issue?

Benjamin Van Ryseghem (Pharo)

On Dec 8, 2010, at 8:37 PM, Francisco Ortiz Peñaloza wrote:

Hi,

after loading last Shout on PharoCore the new Finder isn't working properly. Let's see

PluggableShoutMorph>>initialize registers Shout in AppRegistry as the default MorphicTextEditor but FinderUI>>buildSourceTextArea uses a PluggableTextMorph.

I think it should be using the more dinamic MorphicTextEditor default insted of the hardcoded PluggableTextMorph. Am i right?

In 1.2, it was panned that PluggableTextMorph and PluggableShoutMorph should been merged. In fact, I've posted a fix to allow PluggableTextMorph to handle text styling, this way Shout isn't needed anymore :)

Thank you for your review,

Ben

Reply | Threaded
|

Francisco Ortiz Peñaloza
Great! Didn't know that but what about AppRegistry? I didn't see much of it, don't know if its an old idea or have a bad implementation but would it be better to use some dynamic binding mechanism so given any other day someone could change the editor globally like MorphicTextEditor default works.

hmm i think i'm missing something

Thanks,
Francisco

On Wed, Dec 8, 2010 at 7:00 PM, Benjamin <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

In 1.2, it was panned that PluggableTextMorph and PluggableShoutMorph should been merged. In fact, I've posted a fix to allow PluggableTextMorph to handle text styling, this way Shout isn't needed anymore :)

Ben

Reply | Threaded
|

On Dec 8, 2010, at 10:45 PM, Francisco Ortiz Peñaloza wrote:

Great! Didn't know that but what about AppRegistry? I didn't see much of it, don't know if its an old idea or have a bad implementation but would it be better to use some dynamic binding mechanism so given any other day someone could change the editor globally like MorphicTextEditor default works.

AppRegistry was a good idea ages ago, but I do not know if it could really be useful now ...

I'll take a look at that ^^

Ben

Thanks,
Francisco

Hi,

Ben

Reply | Threaded
|

Francisco Ortiz Peñaloza
Ben,

this could somewhat related to http://www.mail-archive.com/pharo-project@.../msg36339.html right? 

Cheers,
Francisco

On Wed, Dec 8, 2010 at 7:56 PM, Benjamin <[hidden email]> wrote:

AppRegistry was a good idea ages ago, but I do not know if it could really be useful now ...

Ben

Thanks,
Francisco

Hi,

Ben

Reply | Threaded
|

On Dec 9, 2010, at 3:17 AM, Francisco Ortiz Peñaloza wrote:

Ben,

this could somewhat related to http://www.mail-archive.com/pharo-project@.../msg36339.html right? 

It's related at some points… UIManager is definitively bad structured, and ToolSet is pretty much the same, but I think they deserve to be restructured and used.

I think (but I haven't read the whole source code) that AppRegistry follow the same way.
I like the idea of having multiple tools that you can dynamically plug or unplug without difficulties, so ^^

Ben

Cheers,
Francisco

On Wed, Dec 8, 2010 at 7:56 PM, Benjamin <[hidden email]> wrote:

Ben

Thanks,
Francisco

Hi,

Ben