Finding Instance Variables

Raymond Brinzer
Hello.  I'm a Smalltalk novice.  I'm wondering:  how would I get the
set of instance variables for a particular class?  I see Class has an
allClassVarNames method, but I don't see something analogous for
instance variables.

Thanks.

Ray

Re: Finding Instance Variables

Benjamin Van Ryseghem (Pharo)
allInstVarNames :)

Ben

On Sep 30, 2011, at 2:27 AM, Raymond Brinzer wrote:

> Hello.  I'm a Smalltalk novice.  I'm wondering:  how would I get the
> set of instance variables for a particular class?  I see Class has an
> allClassVarNames method, but I don't see something analogous for
> instance variables.
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> Ray

Re: Finding Instance Variables

larrry
if you don't see what you're looking for in Class be sure to check its superclasses ClassDescription and Behavior (allInstVarNames is defined in Behavior).  Similarly for Object, don't forget to check ProtoObject.

On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 8:31 PM, Benjamin <[hidden email]> wrote:
allInstVarNames :)

Ben

On Sep 30, 2011, at 2:27 AM, Raymond Brinzer wrote:

> Hello.  I'm a Smalltalk novice.  I'm wondering:  how would I get the
> set of instance variables for a particular class?  I see Class has an
> allClassVarNames method, but I don't see something analogous for
> instance variables.
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> Ray

Re: Finding Instance Variables

Raymond Brinzer
Very good, thank you both.  I should have thought of looking above class.

--
Ray