Finding my way in Pier's code

Damien Pollet
Hi,
I'm trying to tweak Pier to use <div> elements instead of tables; Ieasily located the code generating the header in PRHeaderWidget, but Ican't find where the <table class="body"> is generated... is this aPRXHtmlWidget ?
--  Damien Pollet type less, do more

Re: Finding my way in Pier's code

Lukas Renggli-2
> I'm trying to tweak Pier to use <div> elements instead of tables;
> Ieasily located the code generating the header in PRHeaderWidget,
> but Ican't find where the <table class="body"> is generated... is
> this aPRXHtmlWidget ?

This is not hardcoded, this is part of the Pier model itself. There
are two possibilities to change it:

1. Point your browser to '/environment' and edit this hidden page. If
you are using the latest version of Pier, you don't need to type this
path manually, but instead just log-in as admin and point to the
location.

2. Change the code that creates the default environment in
PRStructure>>environmentStructure and reset your existing kernel:
PRKernel reset. PRPierFrame initialize.

If you have a solution (not necessarily with the same design, but at
least with the same functionality) that works in IE, Firefox and
Safari I am very interested to include it into the main distribution.

Cheers,
Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Finding my way in Pier's code

Damien Pollet
On 5/22/06, Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]> wrote:> This is not hardcoded, this is part of the Pier model itself. There> are two possibilities to change it:
OK thanks!
> If you have a solution (not necessarily with the same design, but at> least with the same functionality) that works in IE, Firefox and> Safari I am very interested to include it into the main distribution.
Well if it works in IE that'll be by chance, I can't check myself :-)  </troll>
--  Damien Pollet type less, do more

Re: Finding my way in Pier's code

Damien Pollet
> > If you have a solution (not necessarily with the same design, but at
> > least with the same functionality) that works in IE, Firefox and
> > Safari I am very interested to include it into the main distribution.

 I have this, only tested in FF linux...

1) change /environment to:
+header+
    +views+
    +commands+
    +tree+
  +contents+

2) change this method:
PRHeaderWidget>>renderTitleOn: html
        html div class: 'banner'; with: [
                html div class: 'start'.
                html div class: 'middle'; with: [
                        html div class: 'title'; with: (self expand: self title).
                        html div class: 'tabs'; with: [ self renderTabsOn: html ].
                ].
                html div class: 'end'].

3) apply attached patch to the CSS (sorry about the different spacing...)

--
 Damien Pollet
 type less, do more

css.diff (2K) Download Attachment

Re: Finding my way in Pier's code

Damien Pollet
On 5/22/06, Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]> wrote:
> If you have a solution (not necessarily with the same design, but at
> least with the same functionality) that works in IE, Firefox and
> Safari I am very interested to include it into the main distribution.

Bugzilla's page looks very much like Pier (or maybe vice-versa :p) and
they use <div>s
http://www.bugzilla.org/

What do you mean by 'functionality' ?

--
 Damien Pollet
 type less, do more

Re: Finding my way in Pier's code

Lukas Renggli-2
>> If you have a solution (not necessarily with the same design, but at
>> least with the same functionality) that works in IE, Firefox and
>> Safari I am very interested to include it into the main distribution.
>
> Bugzilla's page looks very much like Pier (or maybe vice-versa :p) and
> they use <div>s
> http://www.bugzilla.org/

Yeah, www.mozilla.org is the place where I got the inspiration for
the current design ;-)

> What do you mean by 'functionality' ?

I mean the same look & feel for IE, Firefox and Safari. I tried to
come up with something not using tables, but it simply took me too
much time to come up with a solution working on all Web Browser. I
prefer to spend my time on other things, though it is certainly
possible to come up with a cross browser solution using XHTML and CSS
solely, for an example see my Web site.

Cheers,
Lukas

--