Finding replacements for deprecated functions

Finding replacements for deprecated functions

Steve Quezadas
I am experimenting with smalltalk. Sometimes a function gets
deprecated and is crossed out. Is there a "smalltalk way" of finding
the equivalent replacement function?

Re: Finding replacements for deprecated functions

CyrilFerlicot

On Mon 19 Aug 2019 at 20:30, Steve Quezadas <[hidden email]> wrote:
I am experimenting with smalltalk. Sometimes a function gets
deprecated and is crossed out. Is there a "smalltalk way" of finding
the equivalent replacement function?
Hello,

Most of the time the deprecation explains what is the new way directly.
If it’s a change in the API with an equivalent method, it will be the one called in the deprecated method that should now be called.

For more complex cases, if you don’t know the equivalent I guess the easiest way is to ask the community on this ML.
Cyril Ferlicot
https://ferlicot.fr