Finish one thing today

Marcus Denker-4
This is nice:

        http://finishonethingtoday.com

        Marcus

Re: Finish one thing today

PabloEstefo
Wow... powerful message

On 14 January 2015 at 10:32, Marcus Denker <[hidden email]> wrote:
This is nice:

        http://finishonethingtoday.com

        Marcus

Re: Finish one thing today

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2

> On 14 Jan 2015, at 15:12, Pablo Estefo <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Wow... powerful message

+1

> On 14 January 2015 at 10:32, Marcus Denker <[hidden email]> wrote:
> This is nice:
>
>         http://finishonethingtoday.com
>

>         Marcus

R: Finish one thing today

Lorenzo
+1

Lorenzo

> On 14 Jan 2015, at 15:12, Pablo Estefo <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Wow... powerful message

+1

> On 14 January 2015 at 10:32, Marcus Denker <[hidden email]> wrote:
> This is nice:
>
>         http://finishonethingtoday.com
>

>         Marcus

Re: R: Finish one thing today

pdigonzelli1
+1

Ing. Pablo Digonzelli
Software Solutions
IP-Solutiones SRL
Metrotec SRL
25 de Mayo 521
San Miguel de Tucumán
Email: [hidden email]
[hidden email]
Cel: 5493815982714

Enviados: Miércoles, 14 de Enero 2015 13:09:53
Asunto: [Pharo-dev] R:  Finish one thing today

+1

Lorenzo

> On 14 Jan 2015, at 15:12, Pablo Estefo <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Wow... powerful message

+1

> On 14 January 2015 at 10:32, Marcus Denker <[hidden email]> wrote:
> This is nice:
>
>         http://finishonethingtoday.com
>

>         Marcus

Re: R: Finish one thing today

kilon.alios
personally I dont see the point and it looks silly. Sometimes things take more time, sometimes releasing frequently is not a good idea because it comes with its own costs and delays. Coding like anything else in life is about critical thinking. Its about sitting down and deciding whats the best course for your project and if the course fails you change it. So I will have to be the only one here to thumb down this.

On Wed, Jan 14, 2015 at 6:10 PM, Pablo R. Digonzelli <[hidden email]> wrote:
+1

Ing. Pablo Digonzelli
Software Solutions
IP-Solutiones SRL
Metrotec SRL
25 de Mayo 521
San Miguel de Tucumán
Email: [hidden email]
[hidden email]
Cel: 5493815982714

Enviados: Miércoles, 14 de Enero 2015 13:09:53

+1

Lorenzo

> On 14 Jan 2015, at 15:12, Pablo Estefo <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Wow... powerful message

+1

> On 14 January 2015 at 10:32, Marcus Denker <[hidden email]> wrote:
> This is nice:
>
>         http://finishonethingtoday.com
>

>         Marcus

Re: Finish one thing today

sebastianconcept@gmail.co
Silly is to be tricked by the normal bias of your brain.

The point of the text is that you have two gazillion unfinished things and what matters is what you finished instead.

Here is a big +1 for that text

On Jan 15, 2015, at 4:36 PM, kilon alios <[hidden email]> wrote:

personally I dont see the point and it looks silly. Sometimes things take more time, sometimes releasing frequently is not a good idea because it comes with its own costs and delays. Coding like anything else in life is about critical thinking. Its about sitting down and deciding whats the best course for your project and if the course fails you change it. So I will have to be the only one here to thumb down this.

On Wed, Jan 14, 2015 at 6:10 PM, Pablo R. Digonzelli <[hidden email]> wrote:
+1

Ing. Pablo Digonzelli
Software Solutions
IP-Solutiones SRL
Metrotec SRL
25 de Mayo 521
San Miguel de Tucumán
Email: [hidden email]
[hidden email]
Cel: 5493815982714

Enviados: Miércoles, 14 de Enero 2015 13:09:53

+1

Lorenzo

> On 14 Jan 2015, at 15:12, Pablo Estefo <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Wow... powerful message

+1

> On 14 January 2015 at 10:32, Marcus Denker <[hidden email]> wrote:
> This is nice:
>
>         http://finishonethingtoday.com
>

>         Marcus

Re: Finish one thing today

Marcus Denker-4

> On 15 Jan 2015, at 20:32, Sebastian Sastre <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Silly is to be tricked by the normal bias of your brain.
>
> The point of the text is that you have two gazillion unfinished things and what matters is what you finished instead.

I think it has lots and lots of meaning…

e.g. one can read it as a description how to tackle really large and complex projects: by breaking them into small
steps.
Or, a lot of the really great people are so good that they never release (or even finish) *anything*, because they know
that they could do better.
Or, there are people doing absolutely great stuff and then they never show it to anyone. “It’s nothing special”.
Or there are people who would have the time to contribute a little, but they think that whatever they could do would
not be worth it (purely from a time perspective).

Or there are those who can’t do anything that is not “reinventing everything”. Leading to not having anything.

Lots of interpretations.

        Marcus

Re: Finish one thing today

philippeback

On Fri, Jan 16, 2015 at 12:46 AM, Marcus Denker <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 15 Jan 2015, at 20:32, Sebastian Sastre <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Silly is to be tricked by the normal bias of your brain.
>
> The point of the text is that you have two gazillion unfinished things and what matters is what you finished instead.

I think it has lots and lots of meaning…

e.g. one can read it as a description how to tackle really large and complex projects: by breaking them into small
steps.
Or, a lot of the really great people are so good that they never release (or even finish) *anything*, because they know
that they could do better.
Or, there are people doing absolutely great stuff and then they never show it to anyone. “It’s nothing special”.
Or there are people who would have the time to contribute a little, but they think that whatever they could do would
not be worth it (purely from a time perspective).

Or there are those who can’t do anything that is not “reinventing everything”. Leading to not having anything.

Lots of interpretations.

At a very basic level, it made me move my ass and get things done.

Must read once a day, the earliest, the best.

Phil

        Marcus