First Application broken?

Chip Nowacek-2
git pull
Already up-to-date.

git remote -v
origin https://github.com/NicolasPetton/amber.git (fetch)
origin https://github.com/NicolasPetton/amber.git (push)

git show
commit c70d83e871a01226f9ee093c3f157d95631e9bea
Merge: 07c390b b4e91be
Author: Nicolas Petton <[hidden email]>
Date:   Sat Feb 23 09:31:56 2013 -0800

    Merge pull request #361 from mkroehnert/proxy

    Add JSObjectProxy>>value

First Application doc says:

Now click save and navigate to your new class in its new package. Then click 'commit package'. You just created a new class and saved your work. On your file system check out your js and st folders. Your new class is now saved in both JavaScript and Smalltalk.

The js files are there. No st files.

The server is saying:

path.exists is now called `fs.exists`.

And the "say hello" button doesn't do much.

I'll try again from the beginning and see if I messed up somewhere.

Re: First Application broken?

Bernat Romagosa
Hi Chip, I think you should start fresh from master, instead of cloning my Ludus branch... I haven't updated Ludus for over a year...

It's better if you clone master, then just copy-paste the Morphic.js demo code I sent you yesterday into a Workspace, and click on "File In".

Hope it helps!

Bernat.

2013/3/1 Chip Nowacek <[hidden email]>
git pull
Already up-to-date.

git show
commit c70d83e871a01226f9ee093c3f157d95631e9bea
Merge: 07c390b b4e91be

Re: First Application broken?

Chip Nowacek-2
My First Application testing is off master, unless I am reading the git output I included incorrectly.

2013/3/1 Chip Nowacek <<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="pa1irI0roE4J">two.st...@...>
git pull
Already up-to-date.

git show
commit c70d83e871a01226f9ee093c3f157d95631e9bea
Merge: 07c390b b4e91be

Re: First Application broken?

Chip Nowacek-2
I tried from scratch. Wiped everything out. Click 'commit' on the Hello object. The js files show up. No st files.

If I'm screwing something up, I hope someone will straighten me out. It all worked the first time I tried it a week or two ago.

I guess I'll start going through the code looking for those error messages from the server:

path.existsSync is now called `fs.existsSync`.
path.exists is now called `fs.exists`.

Though I have no idea if doing so will make any difference.

I'm expecting someone to get upset with me. I apologize ahead of time -- figuring I'll find out what I am apologizing for when it happens.

On Friday, March 1, 2013 5:39:30 AM UTC-5, Chip Nowacek wrote:
My First Application testing is off master, unless I am reading the git output I included incorrectly.

On Friday, March 1, 2013 3:04:59 AM UTC-5, Bernat Romagosa wrote:
Hi Chip, I think you should start fresh from master, instead of cloning my Ludus branch... I haven't updated Ludus for over a year...

It's better if you clone master, then just copy-paste the Morphic.js demo code I sent you yesterday into a Workspace, and click on "File In".

Hope it helps!

Bernat.

2013/3/1 Chip Nowacek <[hidden email]>
git pull
Already up-to-date.

git show
commit c70d83e871a01226f9ee093c3f157d95631e9bea
Merge: 07c390b b4e91be

Re: First Application broken?

Herby Vojčík

Chip Nowacek wrote:
> I tried from scratch. Wiped everything out. Click 'commit' on the Hello
> object. The js files show up. No st files.
Did you create st directory?

> If I'm screwing something up, I hope someone will straighten me out. It
> all worked the first time I tried it a week or two ago.
>
> I guess I'll start going through the code looking for those error
> messages from the server:
>
> path.existsSync is now called `fs.existsSync`.
> path.exists is now called `fs.exists`.
Don't bother these. They are just deprecation messages.

> Though I have no idea if doing so will make any difference.
It won't.

> I'm expecting someone to get upset with me. I apologize ahead of time --
> figuring I'll find out what I am apologizing for when it happens.

Herby

Re: First Application broken?

Chip Nowacek-2
I did create the st directory. I am filing the issue as Nico suggested.

On Friday, March 1, 2013 9:02:17 AM UTC-5, Herby wrote:

Chip Nowacek wrote:
> I tried from scratch. Wiped everything out. Click 'commit' on the Hello
> object. The js files show up. No st files.
Did you create st directory?

> If I'm screwing something up, I hope someone will straighten me out. It
> all worked the first time I tried it a week or two ago.
>
> I guess I'll start going through the code looking for those error
> messages from the server:
>
> path.existsSync is now called `fs.existsSync`.
> path.exists is now called `fs.exists`.
Don't bother these. They are just deprecation messages.

> Though I have no idea if doing so will make any difference.
It won't.

> I'm expecting someone to get upset with me. I apologize ahead of time --
> figuring I'll find out what I am apologizing for when it happens.

Herby

Re: First Application broken?

Manfred Kröhnert

Hi, I think I have a fix for this.
Will test it later and open a pull request if it is working.