First Satellogic launch

Juan Vuletich-4
Hi Folks,

Early this morning, with Satellogic, we successfully launched "Captain
Beto" (a.k.a. CubeBug-1), the first Argentine CubeSat. The objective of
this first mission is technology demonstration, and testing of several
electronic and mechanical system. This is the result of two years of
work. All the technology development, design and build was done by us in
Argentina.

Launch was done at China, together with Chinese, Equatorian and Turk
satellites.

Our sat is now in orbit, 400 miles high. Speed is about 17,000 miles per
hour. The satellite is operative, and we confirmed that energy and
communications systems work properly.

You can follow it live at http://satellogic.com/cubemap/ . If you have
access to ham radio equipment, you can listen to it. Orbital and
communications data at http://1.cubebug.org/orbit .

Some news on the media:
http://www.pagina12.com.ar/diario/sociedad/3-218803-2013-04-26.html
http://www.lanacion.com.ar/1576327-lanzaron-con-exito-un-nano-satelite-argentino
http://www.mincyt.gov.ar/noticias/noticias_detalles.php?id_noticia=1314
http://www.nasaspaceflight.com/2013/04/china-back-in-action-long-march-2d-gaofen-1/

Cheers,
Juan Vuletich

Re: First Satellogic launch

KenDickey
On Fri, 26 Apr 2013 12:48:20 -0300
Juan Vuletich <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Early this morning, with Satellogic, we successfully launched "Captain
> Beto" (a.k.a. CubeBug-1), the first Argentine CubeSat.
> Our sat is now in orbit, 400 miles high. Speed is about 17,000 miles per
> hour. The satellite is operative, and we confirmed that energy and
> communications systems work properly.

So cool!!

Between the new pope and this satellite, Argentina has celestial coverage in both spiritual and extra-terrestrial realms.

Seems the place is getting more interesting all the time.  I'm going to have to start saving up for a trip.

Good on ya,
-KenD
--
Ken [dot] Dickey [at] whidbey [dot] com

-KenD

Re: First Satellogic launch

Juan Vuletich-4
On 4/26/2013 8:36 PM, Ken Dickey wrote:

> On Fri, 26 Apr 2013 12:48:20 -0300
> Juan Vuletich<[hidden email]>  wrote:
>

>> Early this morning, with Satellogic, we successfully launched "Captain
>> Beto" (a.k.a. CubeBug-1), the first Argentine CubeSat.
>> Our sat is now in orbit, 400 miles high. Speed is about 17,000 miles per
>> hour. The satellite is operative, and we confirmed that energy and
>> communications systems work properly.
> So cool!!
>
> Between the new pope and this satellite, Argentina has celestial coverage in both spiritual and extra-terrestrial realms.

:)

> Seems the place is getting more interesting all the time.  I'm going to have to start saving up for a trip.
>
> Good on ya,
> -KenD

Please do! BTW, the week of the Smalltalks conference is the best time
of the year to come down here.

Cheers,
Juan Vuletich