First Vancouver Smalltalk developer group meetup

First Vancouver Smalltalk developer group meetup

fstephany
Hi there,

The recently created Vancouver Smalltalk developer group organises its
first meetup on 16th May.

This first edition is the occasion to have a cup of coffee together. We
will decide what format we will adopt for the future (coffee shop?,
bar?, meeting room?, talk?, subject?)

http://www.meetup.com/Vancouver-Smalltalk-Developers-Group/

The current group currently has 11 members. If you're in the Vancouver
area do not hesitate to join. If you don't want to register on
Meetup.com, no worries, announcements will be made in the scona and esug
lists.

In a nutshell:
* Wed May 16
* 6.00pm
* Waves Coffee shop on Howe and Smithe
* newbie Smalltalkers more than welcome (I'm one!)

Cheers,
Francois

--
http://tulipemoutarde.be
CA: +1 778 558 3225

Re: [Esug-list] First Vancouver Smalltalk developer group meetup

Drfrog
I'll be there too

not newbie but not very active either

On 2012-05-02, at 15:31, Francois Stephany <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> The recently created Vancouver Smalltalk developer group organises its first meetup on 16th May.
>
> This first edition is the occasion to have a cup of coffee together. We will decide what format we will adopt for the future (coffee shop?, bar?, meeting room?, talk?, subject?)
>
> http://www.meetup.com/Vancouver-Smalltalk-Developers-Group/
>
> The current group currently has 11 members. If you're in the Vancouver area do not hesitate to join. If you don't want to register on Meetup.com, no worries, announcements will be made in the scona and esug lists.
>
> In a nutshell:
> * Wed May 16
> * 6.00pm
> * Waves Coffee shop on Howe and Smithe
> * newbie Smalltalkers more than welcome (I'm one!)
>

> Cheers,
> Francois
>
> --
> http://tulipemoutarde.be
> CA: +1 778 558 3225
> BE: +32 65 709 131

Re: [Esug-list] First Vancouver Smalltalk developer group meetup

Andres Valloud-6
Awesome!

On 5/2/2012 3:31 PM, Francois Stephany wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> The recently created Vancouver Smalltalk developer group organises its
> first meetup on 16th May.
>
> This first edition is the occasion to have a cup of coffee together. We
> will decide what format we will adopt for the future (coffee shop?,
> bar?, meeting room?, talk?, subject?)
>
> http://www.meetup.com/Vancouver-Smalltalk-Developers-Group/
>
> The current group currently has 11 members. If you're in the Vancouver
> area do not hesitate to join. If you don't want to register on
> Meetup.com, no worries, announcements will be made in the scona and esug
> lists.
>
> In a nutshell:
> * Wed May 16
> * 6.00pm
> * Waves Coffee shop on Howe and Smithe
> * newbie Smalltalkers more than welcome (I'm one!)
>

> Cheers,
> Francois

Re: First Vancouver Smalltalk developer group meetup

fstephany

The first meetup went fine, nine people attended (which I guess is not
too bad!). There was no real subject so we talked about a bit about
everything. Many of us were happy to talk with other smalltalkers anyway.

I've made a Doodle for the next meetup, if you are in the area and want
to attend, please tell which day is best for you.

http://www.doodle.com/bycw6xw9xtggt5ru

Some of the attendees mentioned that they can provide a place. If nobody
shows up with something, we can do at the coworking place where I work:
http://www.meetup.com/theofficevancouver/

If you have a subject or something you want to talk about, let me know !

Cheers,
Francois

--
http://tulipemoutarde.be