First time user of Seaside+Scriptaculous..

First time user of Seaside+Scriptaculous..

Rick Flower
I loaded the latest versions of Seaside (went up to 2.6b1.103 if I
recall), SeasideAsync + SeasideScriptaculous(2.6b1.141.0) and in trying
out the config app and then clicking on the Scriptaculous link, I get
an error as shown below -- it's probably something I forgot to load
since I've never loaded or tried Scriptaculous before.. Any ideas?

Message not understood: #fixCallbackTemps

BlockClosure(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand:
self BlockClosure [] in [] in Seaside.SUCounterTest>>renderContentOn:
temps
aMessage a Message with selector: #fixCallbackTemps and arguments: #()
excpt a MessageNotUnderstood
resumeValue nil
inst vars
method CompiledBlock [] in [] in

Seaside.SUCounterTest>>renderContentOn:
outerContext nil
copiedValues a Seaside.SUCounterTest
Seaside.SUUpdater(Seaside.SUAjax)>>callback:
self new
Ajax.Updater('counter_id7','http://10.0.1.198:8008/seaside/go/scriptaculous',{parameters:['_s=yznqTFnjppbpdBzt','_k=QpBgTZYm','8'].join('&')})...etc...
temps
aBlock BlockClosure [] in [] in Seaside.SUCounterTest>>renderContentOn:
inst vars
decoration a Seaside.SUCreate
canvas a Seaside.WARenderCanvas
options Dictionary
('parameters'->['_s=yznqTFnjppbpdBzt','_k=QpBgTZYm','8'].join('&') )
url 'http://10.0.1.198:8008/seaside/go/scriptaculous'
callback nil
id 'counter_id7'

optimized [] in Seaside.SUCounterTest>>renderContentOn:
self BlockClosure [] in Seaside.SUCounterTest>>renderContentOn:
temps
html a Seaside.WARenderCanvas
id 'id7'
self a Seaside.SUCounterTest
inst vars
method CompiledBlock [] in Seaside.SUCounterTest>>renderContentOn:
outerContext nil
copiedValues #(a Seaside.WARenderCanvas 'id7' a Seaside.SUCounterTest)

Re: First time user of Seaside+Scriptaculous..

Michel Bany-3
Hi Rick,

> I loaded the latest versions of Seaside (went up to 2.6b1.103 if I
> recall), SeasideAsync + SeasideScriptaculous(2.6b1.141.0) and in
> trying out the config app and then clicking on the Scriptaculous link,
> I get
> an error as shown below -- it's probably something I forgot to load
> since I've never loaded or tried Scriptaculous before.. Any ideas?
>
> Message not understood: #fixCallbackTemps
>
> BlockClosure(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand:
BlockClosure>>fixCallbackTemp appeared in 2.6b1.96, therefore I would
guess that
you loaded something older.

SeasideScriptaculous is very touchy regarding the Seaside version, and
as it stands now
it may be very difficult to determine what version of Seaside is needed
by a given version
of Scriptaculous. That's why I explicitly mentioned 2.6b1.96 as being
required by
Scriptaculous in the publish comment of Scriptaculous 2.6b1.141. You
probably missed
this mention because you have to scroll to the bottom of the publish
comment to see it,
sorry :-(

As a general rule, if you choose to go for the most recent
Scriptaculous, then you should
also go for the most recent Seaside.

HTH,
Michel.

Michel Bany wrote:

> BlockClosure>>fixCallbackTemp appeared in 2.6b1.96, therefore I would
> guess that
> you loaded something older.

Ok.. I went back to an older VW image I had with and older version of
Seaside (still not that old -- it was 2.6b1.84 if I recall) and I
upgraded it to 2.6b1.96 and also loaded the latest version of
Scriptaculous that had the requirement for 2.6b1.96 and I still get the
same results.. Is there something else I need to load besides just
upgrading my already working Seaside and then adding Scriptaculous?

So far, I've got the following Seaside items loaded into my VW image :

SeasideSettings
SeasideForWebToolkit
SeasideAsync
SeasideScriptaculous
SeasideTestingBundle
SeasideImageTools

Thanks!

-- Rick

RE: First time user of Seaside+Scriptaculous..

Bany, Michel
I would suspect some problems with the bundle prereqs in
SeasideImageTools.

I republished SeasideImageTools without any prereqs.
Can you rebuild your image ?

Bany, Michel wrote:
> I would suspect some problems with the bundle prereqs in
> SeasideImageTools.
>
> I republished SeasideImageTools without any prereqs. Can you rebuild
> your image ?

Michel,

I re-built my image from the VW 7.4nc initial image and now it seems to
load & run just fine.. I've adjusted my "reload" text file to indicate
that I should load Scriptaculous after Seaside but before SeasideAsync.
  Is there any implied ordering I should follow when building up a new
image from scratch in the future?  Below is what I'm doing now for my
Seaside portion of the loading process now:

Load SeasideSettings
Load SeasideForWebToolkit
Load SeasideScriptaculous
Load SeasideAsync
Load SeasideTestingBundle
Load SeasideImageTools

Thanks!

Re: First time user of Seaside+Scriptaculous..

Michel Bany
Hello Rick,

> I re-built my image from the VW 7.4nc initial image and now it
> seems to load & run just fine.. I've adjusted my "reload" text file
> to indicate that I should load Scriptaculous after Seaside but
> before SeasideAsync.  Is there any implied ordering I should follow
> when building up a new image from scratch in the future?  Below is
> what I'm doing now for my Seaside portion of the loading process now:
>
> Load SeasideSettings
> Load SeasideForWebToolkit
> Load SeasideScriptaculous
> Load SeasideAsync
> Load SeasideTestingBundle
> Load SeasideImageTools

Good to hear that everything builds fine.
I believe your problems were caused by the prereqs defined in
SeasideImageTools.
These prereqs were causing to reload Seaside from parcels creating a
broken
image.

As far as I can see, there are only two ordering constraints.
- SeasideForWebToolkit must obviously be loaded before any other
Seaside add-ons
- SeasideAsync must be loaded before SeasideImageTools
So your load order is fine and is just one of many possibilities.

SeasideSettings can be loaded anytime, either before or after
everything. When it is
loaded before SeasideForWebToolkit, it becomes possible to configure
Seaside
beforehand (either via its UI or programmatically). Then, when
SeasideForWebToolkit
gets loaded, it will figure out that settings are available and will
use them, making it
possible to build an image with Seaside in an unattended mode. This
was an idea
from David Pennell for building images in an automated way.

HTH
Michel.