Fixed by reboot

Ben Coman
Just reporting a strange occurrence in case anyone sees the same.

I was using PharoLauncher fine, then it wasn't.
When trying to launch an image it started reporting with "ProcessWrapper newProcess failed..."

First time I've ever seen that, and fixed by a reboot, but still strange.
There are a couple of other troubles that get fixed by reboot.
Anyone have insight into an underlying cause?

cheers -ben

Re: Fixed by reboot

Guillermo Polito

On Sun, Dec 9, 2018 at 2:26 AM Ben Coman <[hidden email]> wrote:
Just reporting a strange occurrence in case anyone sees the same.

I was using PharoLauncher fine, then it wasn't.
When trying to launch an image it started reporting with "ProcessWrapper newProcess failed..."

Has your Pharo launcher been open for many time/hours/days?

First time I've ever seen that, and fixed by a reboot, but still strange.
There are a couple of other troubles that get fixed by reboot.
Anyone have insight into an underlying cause?

I've started using windows two days a week to spot more issues and be more efficiente to fix them...
And I've seen many issues regarding DLL opening/loading both by VM plugins and FFI calls.

Re: Fixed by reboot

Ben Coman

On Wed, 12 Dec 2018 at 23:14, Guillermo Polito <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Sun, Dec 9, 2018 at 2:26 AM Ben Coman <[hidden email]> wrote:
Just reporting a strange occurrence in case anyone sees the same.

I was using PharoLauncher fine, then it wasn't.
When trying to launch an image it started reporting with "ProcessWrapper newProcess failed..."

Has your Pharo launcher been open for many time/hours/days?

Yes, many days. Including across laptop going to sleep morning and evening travelling between home and office.
I like it not-quitting on launch.

cheers -ben