Fixed size dialog

rush
Hello,

what is the bullet proof way to get fixed size dialog? I have set
preferedExtend and usePrefered extent, but on some machines dialog pops in
smaller size than specified by preferred extent (and tries to resize bitmaps
inside, rendering them ugly)

rush
--
http://www.templatetamer.com/

Re: Fixed size dialog

Andy Bower-3
Rush,

> what is the bullet proof way to get fixed size dialog? I have set
> preferedExtend and usePrefered extent, but on some machines dialog
> pops in smaller size than specified by preferred extent (and tries to
> resize bitmaps inside, rendering them ugly)

If you want a fixed sized shell or dialog then turn OFF #usePreferred
extent and also turn off #hasThickFrame. Then your window should appear
the same size that you save it in the View Composer. You may also need
to nil out the #maxExtent and #minExtent aspects if you are using these.

Best regards,

Andy Bower
Dolphin Support
www.object-arts.com

Re: Fixed size dialog

rush
"Andy Bower" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:[hidden email]...
> If you want a fixed sized shell or dialog then turn OFF #usePreferred
> extent and also turn off #hasThickFrame. Then your window should appear
> the same size that you save it in the View Composer. You may also need
> to nil out the #maxExtent and #minExtent aspects if you are using these.

Thanks, but the darned thing still gets resized (shrinked down) on one
machine (win2k)

rush
--
http://www.templatetamer.com/

Re: Fixed size dialog

Andy Bower-3
Rush,

> > If you want a fixed sized shell or dialog then turn OFF
> > #usePreferred extent and also turn off #hasThickFrame. Then your
> > window should appear the same size that you save it in the View
> > Composer. You may also need to nil out the #maxExtent and
> > #minExtent aspects if you are using these.
>
> Thanks, but the darned thing still gets resized (shrinked down) on one
> machine (win2k)

Hmm.. does the view have a menu bar? Can you isolate the view and send
me an example that we can try here?

Best regards

Andy Bower
Dolphin Support
www.object-arts.com

Re: Fixed size dialog

rush
"Andy Bower" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:[hidden email]...
> Hmm.. does the view have a menu bar? Can you isolate the view and send
> me an example that we can try here?

It does have a menu bar. I have sent you an e-mail with download path for
example image.

Thanks!

rush
--
http://www.templatetamer.com/

Re: Fixed size dialog

Christopher J. Demers
"rush" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:cl2esv$htp$[hidden email]...
> Thanks, but the darned thing still gets resized (shrinked down) on one
> machine (win2k)

Just one possibility, but depending upon how great the difference is perhaps
it may be due to a larger title bar thickness in Windows XP?  If I recall
correctly I think XP uses a slightly larger title bar than 2000.

Chris

Re: Fixed size dialog

rush
"rush" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:cl1413$trg$[hidden email]...
> what is the bullet proof way to get fixed size dialog? I have set
> preferedExtend and usePrefered extent, but on some machines dialog pops in
> smaller size than specified by preferred extent (and tries to resize
bitmaps
> inside, rendering them ugly)

Ok, I think I have found what is causing it, on my development machine large
font settings was in use, and view was saved in that environment. When used
on machines with normal font settings, the view would shrink down
reglardless of settings in view composer. So I guess I will have to swtich
my development machine to normal fonts.

Thanks,

rush
--
http://www.templatetamer.com/

Re: Fixed size dialog

Andy Bower-3
Rush,

> what is the bullet proof way to get fixed size dialog? I have set
> preferedExtend and usePrefered extent, but on some machines dialog
> pops in smaller size than specified by preferred extent (and tries to
> resize bitmaps inside, rendering them ugly)

The other thing (which I have just mentioned to you by e-mail) is to
use #centred or #normal as the viewMode for your ImageView. This will
prevent it being unpleasantly stretched if the view is resized.

Best regards,

Andy Bower
Dolphin Support
www.object-arts.com