Fixed size shell

Alain Fischer-2
Hi all,

I just wanted to make a small application who is not resizable.

I started by creating it as a subclass of Shell.
Choosing the size with extent aspect then the only mean I have
found to make it not resizable is to give the same value to
minExtent and maxExtent aspect.

It works, but the visual behavior is not ideal: we can click on
a corner of the windows and a rubber band is shown when we drag it,
when the mouse button is released the windows is simply not resized.

I have seen some applications on windows that are not resizable so
I think this is possible.

If someone has a simple solution then I will be very happy otherwise
I will live with my solution

Have a nice day
Alain

PS: In the case this beahvior is system dependant, I have tested
    this on Win 95 with Dolphin Pro 4.01.2

Re: Fixed size shell

Don Rylander
Try setting hasThickFrame to false.  You might also want to change the default
settings for hasMaximize and hasMinimize, depending on whether you want that
behavior available.  Have fun!

Don

Re: Fixed size shell

Alain Fischer-3
Thanks Don,

Changing the hasThickFrame aspect os the shell does what I want.
It's not easy just by seeing the aspect names to know what they do
I think it's still necessary to dig up in the MSDN Library to find
these tricks and I have choose Dolphin Smalltalk to go away
of these (IMHO) unecessary Visual C++ complexity.
Programming must be as simple as thinking :-)

Alain

"Don Rylander" <[hidden email]> a écrit dans le
message news: 9f15k1$1n4gu$[hidden email]...
> Try setting hasThickFrame to false.  You might also want to change the
default
> settings for hasMaximize and hasMinimize, depending on whether you want
that
> behavior available.  Have fun!
>
> Don

Re: Fixed size shell

Boris Popov-3
"Alain Fischer" wrote in message:
> Programming must be as simple as thinking :-)

Check this out - it will change the way you look at most obvious things
around... Marvin Minsky -- one of the fathers of computer science and
cofounder of the Artificial Intelligence Laboratory at MIT -- gives a
revolutionary answer to the age-old question: "How does the mind work?"
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0671657135/o/qid=991240145/sr=8-1/ref
=aps_sr_b_1_1/104-7606035-5919106

-Boris