Fixes for beta version of Scribo

Jaroslav Havlín-2
Hello,

I have experienced some problems when trying to run Scribo 1.0 beta 1.
(The files used for installing Scribo and Aida are these:
Sport-2.031.mcz , Swazoo-2.2beta2.mcz, Aida6.0-beta.1.mcz,
Scribo1.0-beta.1.mcz.)

1) There is a missing method acceptInputs in WebApplication class.

acceptInputs
  self acceptInputsFrom: self session lastRequest.

2) The second problem occurs after uploading a new image to an
untitled blog post. The URL path does not match the filesystem path.

One way to fix this is to change one line in method documentDirectory
in class Document:

dir := dir, '/', self preferedUrlName , '-v', self versionNumber.

should be changed to

dir := dir, '/', ((self preferedUrlName) copyReplaceAll: ' ' with: '-'
) , '-v', self versionNumber.

The complete code of the method after the change is this:

documentDirectory
    "repository-root-dir/year of creation/month-day/prefered url
without .html - version nr/
    example: repository-biart/2005/05-16/SOP-12-10-1/ "
    | dir |
    ^self otherAt: #documentDirectory ifAbsent:
        [dir := self repository rootDirectory, '/', self
dateForStoring year printString.
        (SpFilename named: dir) asAbsoluteFilename exists ifFalse:
[(SpFilename named: dir) asAbsoluteFilename makeDirectory].
        dir := dir, '/',  self dateForStoring monthAndDayString.
        (SpFilename named: dir) asAbsoluteFilename exists ifFalse:
[(SpFilename named: dir) asAbsoluteFilename makeDirectory].
        dir := dir, '/', ((self preferedUrlName) copyReplaceAll: ' '
with: '-' ) , '-v', self versionNumber.
        (SpFilename named: dir) asAbsoluteFilename exists ifFalse:
[(SpFilename named: dir) asAbsoluteFilename makeDirectory] ifTrue:
[dir := self correctDir: dir].
        self documentDirectory: dir.
        dir].

Is there a recommended way to report bugs, or is it OK to use the
mailing list for it?

Kind regards,
 Jarda

Re: Fixes for beta version of Scribo

Janko Mivšek
Ahoj Jarda,

I propose to migrate STX Aida to beta2 first, then it will be easier to
help each other. There is quite some new things in beta2 internally and
on the other hand I already ported all my production systems to beta2.
So I can provide help for beta2 but much harder to older versions,
specially concerning limited time.

Next, the Squeak dev versions of Aida and Scribo are on mc.aidaveb.si
while on SqueakSource we have only "official" releases.

Best regards
Janko

Jaroslav Havlín pravi:

> Hello,
>
> I have experienced some problems when trying to run Scribo 1.0 beta 1.
> (The files used for installing Scribo and Aida are these:
> Sport-2.031.mcz , Swazoo-2.2beta2.mcz, Aida6.0-beta.1.mcz,
> Scribo1.0-beta.1.mcz.)
>
> 1) There is a missing method acceptInputs in WebApplication class.
>
> acceptInputs
>   self acceptInputsFrom: self session lastRequest.
>
> 2) The second problem occurs after uploading a new image to an
> untitled blog post. The URL path does not match the filesystem path.
>
> One way to fix this is to change one line in method documentDirectory
> in class Document:
>
> dir := dir, '/', self preferedUrlName , '-v', self versionNumber.
>
> should be changed to
>
> dir := dir, '/', ((self preferedUrlName) copyReplaceAll: ' ' with: '-'
> ) , '-v', self versionNumber.
>
> The complete code of the method after the change is this:
>
> documentDirectory
>     "repository-root-dir/year of creation/month-day/prefered url
> without .html - version nr/
>     example: repository-biart/2005/05-16/SOP-12-10-1/ "
>     | dir |
>     ^self otherAt: #documentDirectory ifAbsent:
>         [dir := self repository rootDirectory, '/', self
> dateForStoring year printString.
>         (SpFilename named: dir) asAbsoluteFilename exists ifFalse:
> [(SpFilename named: dir) asAbsoluteFilename makeDirectory].
>         dir := dir, '/',  self dateForStoring monthAndDayString.
>         (SpFilename named: dir) asAbsoluteFilename exists ifFalse:
> [(SpFilename named: dir) asAbsoluteFilename makeDirectory].
>         dir := dir, '/', ((self preferedUrlName) copyReplaceAll: ' '
> with: '-' ) , '-v', self versionNumber.
>         (SpFilename named: dir) asAbsoluteFilename exists ifFalse:
> [(SpFilename named: dir) asAbsoluteFilename makeDirectory] ifTrue:
> [dir := self correctDir: dir].
>         self documentDirectory: dir.
>         dir].
>

> Is there a recommended way to report bugs, or is it OK to use the
> mailing list for it?
>
> Kind regards,
>  Jarda

Janko Mivšek
Svetovalec za informatiko
Eranova d.o.o.
Ljubljana, Slovenija
www.eranova.si
tel:  01 514 22 55
faks: 01 514 22 56
gsm: 031 674 565

Re: Fixes for beta version of Scribo

Janko Mivšek
Latest Scribo-np.178 has indeed some troubles, let me do first a sync
with my latest VW version. Tommorow.

Best regards
Janko

Janko Mivšek pravi:

> Ahoj Jarda,
>
> I propose to migrate STX Aida to beta2 first, then it will be easier to
> help each other. There is quite some new things in beta2 internally and
> on the other hand I already ported all my production systems to beta2.
> So I can provide help for beta2 but much harder to older versions,
> specially concerning limited time.
>
> Next, the Squeak dev versions of Aida and Scribo are on mc.aidaveb.si
> while on SqueakSource we have only "official" releases.
>
> Best regards
> Janko
>
> Jaroslav Havlín pravi:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have experienced some problems when trying to run Scribo 1.0 beta 1.
>> (The files used for installing Scribo and Aida are these:
>> Sport-2.031.mcz , Swazoo-2.2beta2.mcz, Aida6.0-beta.1.mcz,
>> Scribo1.0-beta.1.mcz.)
>>
>> 1) There is a missing method acceptInputs in WebApplication class.
>>
>> acceptInputs
>>   self acceptInputsFrom: self session lastRequest.
>>
>> 2) The second problem occurs after uploading a new image to an
>> untitled blog post. The URL path does not match the filesystem path.
>>
>> One way to fix this is to change one line in method documentDirectory
>> in class Document:
>>
>> dir := dir, '/', self preferedUrlName , '-v', self versionNumber.
>>
>> should be changed to
>>
>> dir := dir, '/', ((self preferedUrlName) copyReplaceAll: ' ' with: '-'
>> ) , '-v', self versionNumber.
>>
>> The complete code of the method after the change is this:
>>
>> documentDirectory
>>     "repository-root-dir/year of creation/month-day/prefered url
>> without .html - version nr/
>>     example: repository-biart/2005/05-16/SOP-12-10-1/ "
>>     | dir |
>>     ^self otherAt: #documentDirectory ifAbsent:
>>         [dir := self repository rootDirectory, '/', self
>> dateForStoring year printString.
>>         (SpFilename named: dir) asAbsoluteFilename exists ifFalse:
>> [(SpFilename named: dir) asAbsoluteFilename makeDirectory].
>>         dir := dir, '/',  self dateForStoring monthAndDayString.
>>         (SpFilename named: dir) asAbsoluteFilename exists ifFalse:
>> [(SpFilename named: dir) asAbsoluteFilename makeDirectory].
>>         dir := dir, '/', ((self preferedUrlName) copyReplaceAll: ' '
>> with: '-' ) , '-v', self versionNumber.
>>         (SpFilename named: dir) asAbsoluteFilename exists ifFalse:
>> [(SpFilename named: dir) asAbsoluteFilename makeDirectory] ifTrue:
>> [dir := self correctDir: dir].
>>         self documentDirectory: dir.
>>         dir].
>>

>> Is there a recommended way to report bugs, or is it OK to use the
>> mailing list for it?
>>
>> Kind regards,
>>  Jarda

Janko Mivšek
Svetovalec za informatiko
Eranova d.o.o.
Ljubljana, Slovenija
www.eranova.si
tel:  01 514 22 55
faks: 01 514 22 56
gsm: 031 674 565

Re: Fixes for beta version of Scribo

Janko Mivšek
Jaroslav Havlín pravi:

> Is there a recommended way to report bugs, or is it OK to use the
> mailing list for it?

Mailing list is a reccomended way for now. But it would be just nice to
continue developing SPM (Squeak/Smalltalk Project Manager, aka Trac), to
get it ready for an issue tracker for Aida related projects...

Janko

--
Janko Mivšek
AIDA/Web

Re: Fixes for beta version of Scribo

Janko Mivšek
Hi Jarda,

Jaroslav Havlín pravi:

> I have experienced some problems when trying to run Scribo 1.0 beta 1.
> (The files used for installing Scribo and Aida are these:
> Sport-2.031.mcz , Swazoo-2.2beta2.mcz, Aida6.0-beta.1.mcz,
> Scribo1.0-beta.1.mcz.)
>
> 1) There is a missing method acceptInputs in WebApplication class.
>
> acceptInputs
>   self acceptInputsFrom: self session lastRequest.
>
> 2) The second problem occurs after uploading a new image to an
> untitled blog post. The URL path does not match the filesystem path.
>
> One way to fix this is to change one line in method documentDirectory
> in class Document:
>
> dir := dir, '/', self preferedUrlName , '-v', self versionNumber.
>
> should be changed to
>
> dir := dir, '/', ((self preferedUrlName) copyReplaceAll: ' ' with: '-'
> ) , '-v', self versionNumber.

Try latest Scribo to see if it works for you. I tried file uploads with
it, so far successfull. There is otherwise a speciall String method
#asHttpFriendly for special character replacements, maybe we can put it
here too.

Janko

Re: Fixes for beta version of Scribo

Jaroslav Havlín-2