Fixing 3.1.3

Johan Brichau-2
Hi,

As you notice from the CI emails, I’m trying to finish up 3.1.3 for tagging it as the release31.

We’ve got the WABrowser test failing in Pharo2.0, which actually is a DNU is the WANautilusBrowser itself (aka a Pharo20 bug). Given that this is a test of the browser-based development tools examples, I propose just marking it as an expected failure in Pharo2.0.

Johan_______________________________________________
seaside-dev mailing list

Re: Fixing 3.1.3

Philippe Marschall
On Sat, Sep 6, 2014 at 12:00 PM, Johan Brichau <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As you notice from the CI emails, I’m trying to finish up 3.1.3 for tagging it as the release31.
>
> We’ve got the WABrowser test failing in Pharo2.0, which actually is a DNU is the WANautilusBrowser itself (aka a Pharo20 bug). Given that this is a test of the browser-based development tools examples, I propose just marking it as an expected failure in Pharo2.0.

Or we could, you know, just fix it. Currently only 30,development is
still failing and I don't know why. I did

Gofer new
    url:'http://www.smalltalkhub.com/mc/Seaside/MetacelloConfigurations/main';
    package: 'ConfigurationOfSeaside3';
    load.
((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfSeaside3) project version:
#'development') load: 'Development Tests'.

In a Pharo 3 image and it works for me.

Cheers
Philippe

Re: Fixing 3.1.3

Johan Brichau-2

Or we could, you know, just fix it.

I noticed you did. Thanks for covering my laziness ;)

Currently only 30,development is
still failing and I don't know why.

It works for me too… let’s see what Travis says: https://travis-ci.org/GsDevKit/Seaside31/builds/34569311

btw, I tried adding automatic tests for Pharo1.4 to Travis but that did not work. Are you still using Pharo1.3 ?

Johan

Re: Fixing 3.1.3

Johan Brichau-2

On 06 Sep 2014, at 13:34, Johan Brichau <[hidden email]> wrote:

Currently only 30,development is
still failing and I don't know why.

It works for me too… let’s see what Travis says: https://travis-ci.org/GsDevKit/Seaside31/builds/34569311

That jenkins build had not used latest configuration (I think it was started before the publish).
I also noticed 3.1.3 was not updated (fixed that).

I now also correctly put everything on github: https://travis-ci.org/GsDevKit/Seaside31/builds/34569710

Hence, #3.1.3 is published :)

I’m finishing the Gemstone port of 3.1.3 and then on to work for 3.2.0...

Johan

Re: Fixing 3.1.3

Philippe Marschall
On Sat, Sep 6, 2014 at 2:11 PM, Johan Brichau <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 06 Sep 2014, at 13:34, Johan Brichau <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Currently only 30,development is
> still failing and I don't know why.
>

> It works for me too… let’s see what Travis says:
> https://travis-ci.org/GsDevKit/Seaside31/builds/34569311
>

> That jenkins build had not used latest configuration (I think it was started
> before the publish).
> I also noticed 3.1.3 was not updated (fixed that).
>
> I now also correctly put everything on github:
> https://travis-ci.org/GsDevKit/Seaside31/builds/34569710
>
> Hence, #3.1.3 is published :)
>
> I’m finishing the Gemstone port of 3.1.3 and then on to work for 3.2.0...

Let me know what I should do about:

 Issue 820:Configurations should not hold on to classes

Cheers
Philippe

Re: Fixing 3.1.3

Johan Brichau-2

On 06 Sep 2014, at 19:45, Philippe Marschall <[hidden email]> wrote:

Let me know what I should do about:

Issue 820:Configurations should not hold on to classes

I’ll take a look at it.
I think we should be able to avoid influencing the other dialects.

Johan

Re: Fixing 3.1.3

Philippe Marschall
On Sat, Sep 13, 2014 at 2:00 PM, Johan Brichau <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 06 Sep 2014, at 19:45, Philippe Marschall <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> Let me know what I should do about:
>
> Issue 820:Configurations should not hold on to classes
>

> I’ll take a look at it.
> I think we should be able to avoid influencing the other dialects.

I have a solution that works for other dialects (only know about
Pharo, VASt and VW). It needs a method in GrPlatform on VW but the
implementation is already in the comment.
The thing that I haven't solved is the configuration migration issues.
The only "solution" I could find is reregistering all request
handlers.

Cheers
Philippe