Fixing tab behaviour and browser hierarchy appearance

12

Re: Fixing tab behaviour and browser hierarchy appearance

Eliot Miranda-2
Hi Marcel, today I noticed another bug with my code.  If the selection is at the end of a text that ends with a tab then typing tab does nothing.  It should insert another tab.

_,,,^..^,,,_ (phone)

> On Nov 19, 2015, at 8:06 AM, marcel.taeumel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Btw, I improved Eliot's approach a little bit more:
> http://forum.world.st/The-Trunk-Morphic-mt-1047-mcz-td4861883.html
>
> Still, we seem to be unsure whether we want to keept behavior...?
>
> Best,
> Marcel

Re: Fixing tab behaviour and browser hierarchy appearance

Eliot Miranda-2

> On Nov 18, 2015, at 11:42 PM, marcel.taeumel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I like using TAB or SHIFT+TAB for indent resp. outdent. However, we have to
> get the selection right. We have to watch for the current context
> (surrounding whitespaces, beginning of the line etc.).
>
> If we cannot solve it, we should go back to CMD+SHIFT+L/R.
>
> Best,
> Marcel
>
> P.S.: Really, ALT+TAB or CMD+TAB or CTRL+TAB is meant to be used for
> application/window cycling ... don't override this... :)

+1

Re: Fixing tab behaviour and browser hierarchy appearance

Chris Muller-3
Oh, you meant SystemWindow cycling.  Well, we do have Command+\ now
which sort of does that, and I was thinking about a modified version
of it which would equite to "make next to topmost" on the menu
(toggles back and forth between two windows).

On Thu, Nov 19, 2015 at 10:05 AM, marcel.taeumel <[hidden email]> wrote:

>>> P.S.: Really, ALT+TAB or CMD+TAB or CTRL+TAB is meant to be used for
>>> application/window cycling ... don't override this... :)
>
>> OS's hook Alt+Tab, not Control+Tab, right?  Apps like Google Chrome
>> hooks Control+Tab.  Squeak is just another app that should be able to
>> hook Control+Tab too..
>
> Absolutely! But not for text editing, but system window cycling. :)
>
> Best,
> Marcel

Re: Fixing tab behaviour and browser hierarchy appearance

marcel.taeumel
Not working here. It is CTRL+TAB in my Firefox browser, for example. :)

Best,
Marcel

Re: Fixing tab behaviour and browser hierarchy appearance

marcel.taeumel
Hi Eliot,

works for me in Update 15488. Or what do you mean? :)

Best,
Marcel

On Fri, Nov 20, 2015 at 12:15 AM, marcel.taeumel <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Eliot,

works for me in Update 15488. Or what do you mean? :)

You fixed it.  Works great.  Thanks!!

Best,
Marcel

_,,,^..^,,,_
best, Eliot

Re: Fixing tab behaviour and browser hierarchy appearance

marcel.taeumel
You're welcome. :)

Best,
Marcel

Re: Fixing tab behaviour and browser hierarchy appearance

Levente Uzonyi-2
Almost. :)
If there's only on character on a line, then that line won't be
indented by Tab.

Levente

On Fri, 20 Nov 2015, Eliot Miranda wrote:

> Hi Marcel,
> On Fri, Nov 20, 2015 at 12:15 AM, marcel.taeumel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>       Hi Eliot,
>
>       works for me in Update 15488. Or what do you mean? :)
>

> You fixed it.  Works great.  Thanks!!
>

>       Best,
>       Marcel
>

>       --