Flash video converters

Janko Mivšek
Dear Aiders,

Obviously a visual era came to Aida land too and now we must know how to
prepare videos as nicer as possible. One of nowadays duties is that a
video must be in a Flash format, like those on YouTube.

So, how to prepare such video?

Here are some tools from Google:

        Eltima SWF Video Converter, Win, EUR 36
        http://www.swf-kit.com/videoconverter.html

        GeoVid Video to Flash Converter, Win,  $60
        http://www.geovid.com/Video_to_Flash_Converter/

        Sothink Video Encoder for Adobe Flash, Win, $45
        http://www.sothinkmedia.com/flash-video-encoder/index.htm

        Snosh Win $55
        http://www.snosh.net/

        VisualHub, MAc, $20
        http://www.techspansion.com/visualhub/

Unfortunately not a single Linux tool :(

Can someone look at above converters to see, which is good?

Best regards
Janko

--
Janko Mivšek
AIDA/Web

Re: Flash video converters

Nicolas Petton
Janko,

ffmpeg can convert video files to .swf.
I tried it, it works, but the quality was bad. I'm not a ffmpeg expert,
but I think the quality could be a lot better.

Does anyone know ffmpeg? (or mencoder maybe?)

Cheers!

Nicolas