FlowLayout problem?

1 message Options

FlowLayout problem?

John-2
First, just thought I would mention that version 4.0 looks very nice. Lots
of improvements no negative points come to mind. Really good work!

I have run into a problem with FlowLayout and the horizontalGap attribute.
If it is set to any nonzero value, the View Composer seems to get stuck in a
recursive loop.  For example, create a new shell view, change the layout to
FlowLayout, set the horizontalGap to 5, and try to place a PushButton in the
view.  At this point you are stuck for a couple of minutes...

After looking at FlowLayout>>layoutContainer and walking through it in the
debugger, it looks like the following line is causing the problem:

each extent: extent; update.    "Force update to prevent re-layout"

Commenting the line fixes the problem and seems to cause no ill effects, so
far.  Just thought I would pass that on.

Thanks,
John