FogBugz (Case [Issue]12316) Nautilus - (Untitled)

Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
1 message Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

FogBugz (Case [Issue]12316) Nautilus - (Untitled)

Pharo Issue Tracker
FogBugz Notification
Ben Coman opened Case 12316: (Untitled) and assigned it to Everyone:
Bug in Project:  Nautilus: 1. Pharo Image  •  You are subscribed to this case
Evaluating "Morph browse" produces an exception "SubscriptOutOfBounds:1"
in method "CategoryWidget>>categoryWrapper: anItem",
in the line "anItem first == $*"
where anItem is #''.

This seems to be caused by the CategoryWidget instance variable 'categories' having contents:

#(#'' '--- all ---' #accessing #'accessing - extension' #'accessing - properties' #'accessing-backstop' .....etc)

where the first element #'' seems suspect.  Using #haltOnce in CategoryWidget>>getCategoryItem: to look at several other classes seems that the first element of instance variable 'categories' is always '--- all ---'.

So the issue then is how did #'' get in the list?  At the time was adding & removing protocols from class Morph via the Nautilus context menu in the Protocols Pane.  It was very slow doing so - on the order of five seconds to update the list.  I had got the spelling wrong (and incidentally <rename> did not work) so I was removing and re-adding with the correct spelling.  Then the SubscriptOutOfBounds started to occur.

I have seen this a couple of times before but had not dug into it previously (they were throw away images).

I am continuing to dig further to find a reproducible case, but I've report what I know so far since I think this is quite an important bug, and maybe others have seen it also.
Priority Priority: 2 – Really Important Status Status: Work Needed
Assigned To Assigned to: Everyone Milestone Milestone: Pharo3.0

Go to Case
No longer need updates? Unsubscribe from this case.

Don't want FogBugz notifications anymore? Update your preferences.

FogBugz