FogBugz (Case [Issue]19864) Network - Add support for Server Name Indication (SNI) to Zodiac/SSLPlugin

Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
1 message Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

FogBugz (Case [Issue]19864) Network - Add support for Server Name Indication (SNI) to Zodiac/SSLPlugin

Pharo Issue Tracker
FogBugz Notification
Enhancement in Project:  Network: 1. Pharo Image  •  You are subscribed to this case
>> Regarding the C code of the plugin:
>> do I understand it correctly that windows uses openSSL code ? like linux ?
It looks to me that the plugin uses the openSSL version "sqUnixOpenSSL.c" when built using MinGW (GCC), and "sqWin32SSL.c" is for using windows compiler.

>> and does macOS do the same ?
No, "sqMac2SSL.c" uses mac spesific SSL from <Security/Security.h>.
Did you test these addition on a plain MacOS-Pharo5-VM? (the one from pharo.org/downloads) because as it looks from the source code that it has support for SNI, the slice should be enough.

* This is based on the stable VMs used in Pharo5/6 pre OpenSmalltalk integration, I have not been able to find where the source files of the plugins have been hidden in the new VM branch, so I do not know what the new bleeding edge VMs are using (only that setting the serverName on windows works).

The slice should enable unix/mac to be able to use SNI, but windows requires the VM to be rebuilt with "sqUnixOpenSSL.c" synced to the same as in the unix plugin folder.
Priority Priority: 3 – Must Fix Status Status: Work Needed
Assigned To Assigned to: Sven Van Caekenberghe Milestone Milestone: Pharo6.0

Go to Case
No longer need updates? Unsubscribe from this case.

Don't want FogBugz notifications anymore? Update your preferences.

FogBugz