Follow-up on Menssana project

Simon Denier-3
Hi

Here are some news on the Menssana project, which is being built up by Cyrille and me. Remember the goal is to provide high level reports of Smalltalk systems health, using Pharo tools and Moose tools.

We have made progress on different points, and we now start to have the full workflow from the source code in Pharo 1.2 to a report browser served by Seaside.

Here is how it works:
1) hudson jobs retrieve and update a Pharo 1.2 Core image, also load Moose
2) hudson jobs compute reports on 1.2 and export results as mse files, which are then archived
3) Seaside server offers to browse archived results through a Glamour browser

If you want to get a feeling, you can get a working demo with a few steps (and some time)

a) Fetch the latest moose+seaside image:
http://hudson.moosetechnology.org/job/moose-with-glamour-seaside/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/*zip*/archive.zip

b) Run script in a workspace
Gofer new
        squeaksource: 'PharoBenchmarks';
        package: 'System-Benchmarking';
        load.
Gofer new
        squeaksource: 'Arki';
        package: 'Arki-Menssana';
        package: 'Arki-MenssanaBrowser';
        load

c) Start the Seaside server
WAKom startOn: 8080.

d) Run the script
|report|
"this part is normally done by Hudson"
report := MooseReports createReportFrom: #pharoHealthReport on: MooseReports createModelForPharoKernel.

REPConcernBrowserWithActions new browser registerInSeasideOn: report root

e) Fire up a browser with the url
http://localhost:8080/glamour/pluggable

In this demo report results are computed on the fly while you browse the report. So browsing some items may take some times at first as they are lazily computed.

--
 Simon

Re: Follow-up on Menssana project

Tudor Girba
Looks cool! :)

I would just add the action list as a toolbar to the entire browser, or to the concern list (with icons would be even better).

Cheers,
Doru

On 5 Nov 2010, at 23:15, Simon Denier wrote:

> Hi
>
> Here are some news on the Menssana project, which is being built up by Cyrille and me. Remember the goal is to provide high level reports of Smalltalk systems health, using Pharo tools and Moose tools.
>
> We have made progress on different points, and we now start to have the full workflow from the source code in Pharo 1.2 to a report browser served by Seaside.
>
> Here is how it works:
> 1) hudson jobs retrieve and update a Pharo 1.2 Core image, also load Moose
> 2) hudson jobs compute reports on 1.2 and export results as mse files, which are then archived
> 3) Seaside server offers to browse archived results through a Glamour browser
>

> If you want to get a feeling, you can get a working demo with a few steps (and some time)
>
> a) Fetch the latest moose+seaside image:
> http://hudson.moosetechnology.org/job/moose-with-glamour-seaside/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/*zip*/archive.zip
>
> b) Run script in a workspace
> Gofer new
> squeaksource: 'PharoBenchmarks';
> package: 'System-Benchmarking';
> load.
> Gofer new
> squeaksource: 'Arki';
> package: 'Arki-Menssana';
> package: 'Arki-MenssanaBrowser';
> load
>
> c) Start the Seaside server
> WAKom startOn: 8080.
>
> d) Run the script
> |report|
> "this part is normally done by Hudson"
> report := MooseReports createReportFrom: #pharoHealthReport on: MooseReports createModelForPharoKernel.
>
> REPConcernBrowserWithActions new browser registerInSeasideOn: report root
>
> e) Fire up a browser with the url
> http://localhost:8080/glamour/pluggable
>

> In this demo report results are computed on the fly while you browse the report. So browsing some items may take some times at first as they are lazily computed.
>
> --
> Simon

www.tudorgirba.com

"Every thing should have the right to be different."

Re: Follow-up on Menssana project

Tudor Girba
A follow-up remark: It's cool that you can save a concern. However, right now you are saving it as an association where the key is the class and the value is a list of constants. I would suggest to save this as a (sub)class of the selected concern.

Cheers,
Doru

On 5 Nov 2010, at 23:37, Tudor Girba wrote:

> Looks cool! :)
>
> I would just add the action list as a toolbar to the entire browser, or to the concern list (with icons would be even better).
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>

> On 5 Nov 2010, at 23:15, Simon Denier wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> Here are some news on the Menssana project, which is being built up by Cyrille and me. Remember the goal is to provide high level reports of Smalltalk systems health, using Pharo tools and Moose tools.
>>
>> We have made progress on different points, and we now start to have the full workflow from the source code in Pharo 1.2 to a report browser served by Seaside.
>>
>> Here is how it works:
>> 1) hudson jobs retrieve and update a Pharo 1.2 Core image, also load Moose
>> 2) hudson jobs compute reports on 1.2 and export results as mse files, which are then archived
>> 3) Seaside server offers to browse archived results through a Glamour browser
>>

>> If you want to get a feeling, you can get a working demo with a few steps (and some time)
>>
>> a) Fetch the latest moose+seaside image:
>> http://hudson.moosetechnology.org/job/moose-with-glamour-seaside/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/*zip*/archive.zip
>>
>> b) Run script in a workspace
>> Gofer new
>> squeaksource: 'PharoBenchmarks';
>> package: 'System-Benchmarking';
>> load.
>> Gofer new
>> squeaksource: 'Arki';
>> package: 'Arki-Menssana';
>> package: 'Arki-MenssanaBrowser';
>> load
>>
>> c) Start the Seaside server
>> WAKom startOn: 8080.
>>
>> d) Run the script
>> |report|
>> "this part is normally done by Hudson"
>> report := MooseReports createReportFrom: #pharoHealthReport on: MooseReports createModelForPharoKernel.
>>
>> REPConcernBrowserWithActions new browser registerInSeasideOn: report root
>>
>> e) Fire up a browser with the url
>> http://localhost:8080/glamour/pluggable
>>

>> In this demo report results are computed on the fly while you browse the report. So browsing some items may take some times at first as they are lazily computed.
>>
>> --
>> Simon

> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "Every thing should have the right to be different."

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"There are no old things, there are only old ways of looking at them."