Following seaside tutorial get: Error: RemoteString past end of file

Following seaside tutorial get: Error: RemoteString past end of file

Tim M
I am following the Hasso Platner seaside tutorial and have got to the part
about forms - and when I try to create a new task (e.g. click on the link
I created to create a new task), I get an Error: RemoteString past end of
file in my browser.

I don't understand this - previously mistakes I have made have given proper
stacktraces in the browser that I could then debug, but this is a raw tex
error in the browser. If I try and put a self halt in the place where I think
the error occurs, I just hang my image if I try and debug (I am using windows,
and Damions 3.10 web image).

What's going on?

Tim

Error: RemoteString past end of file
RemoteString>>text
CompiledMethod>>getSourceFromFile
CompiledMethod>>methodNode
MethodContext(ContextPart)>>methodNode
MethodContext(ContextPart)>>tempNames
[] in WAWalkback>>renderStackFrame:on: {[self renderObject: aContext labelled:
'thisContext' on: html. self ...]}
BlockContext>>renderOn:
[] in WAGenericTag(WATagBrush)>>with: {[self before. anObject renderOn: canvas.
self after]}
BlockContext>>renderOn:
WARenderCanvas(WACanvas)>>nest:
WAGenericTag(WABrush)>>with:
WAGenericTag(WATagBrush)>>with:
WARenderCanvas(WAHtmlCanvas)>>definitionList:
WAWalkback>>renderStackFrame:on:
[] in WAWalkback>>renderStackOn: {[self renderStackFrame: each on: html]}
BlockContext>>renderOn:
[] in WAGenericTag(WATagBrush)>>with: {[self before. anObject renderOn: canvas.
self after]}
BlockContext>>renderOn:
WARenderCanvas(WACanvas)>>nest:
WAGenericTag(WABrush)>>with:

Re: Following seaside tutorial get: Error: RemoteString pastend of file

Tim M
While waiting for the confirmation email to join this group I solved the
problem - so if anyone else gets this its due to having a corrupted sources
file.

I redownloaded one of the zipped files, extracted it and it fixed this -
it also fixed some image lockups I was getting.

Tim

Re: Following seaside tutorial get: Error: RemoteString past end of file

stephane ducasse
remoteString is how the internal source code of the image is stored/
accessed so this is strange.
Did you unzip without problems the "sources" file?

Stef