classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
16 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Following the white rabbit

EstebanLM
Hi list,

Today was my first day working for Pharo consortium, and is not necessary to write how wonderful experience is to work in something really meaningful for al of us, smalltalkers who are trying to make a living using this environment.

So far, I'm just starting to feel the magic, how it is everything in the real side of the matrix. A powerful world with tons of valuable things done, tons ongoing and even more tons just being started to dream.

All my work this year will be improve the Pharo infraestructure and collaborate on consortium kick-off, so I'm going to do things at several levels.
In particular this first week, I will be working on:
-getting Pharo 1.4 ready to release (not just me, everybody here are commited to that, but well... I'm being paid for INRIA to do it :P)
-start the Pharo consortium website building, which I think it will be a pier site with our own developed components.

I'll keep you on track of what I'm doing.

best,
Esteban

ps: Of course, I want to thank to Stef and Marcus for this great job and all the RMOD team here for being so helpful.

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Following the white rabbit

sebastianconcept@gmail.co
that's really good news.

go guys go!

o/

On Apr 2, 2012, at 1:15 PM, Esteban Lorenzano wrote:

Hi list,

Today was my first day working for Pharo consortium, and is not necessary to write how wonderful experience is to work in something really meaningful for al of us, smalltalkers who are trying to make a living using this environment.

So far, I'm just starting to feel the magic, how it is everything in the real side of the matrix. A powerful world with tons of valuable things done, tons ongoing and even more tons just being started to dream.

All my work this year will be improve the Pharo infraestructure and collaborate on consortium kick-off, so I'm going to do things at several levels.
-getting Pharo 1.4 ready to release (not just me, everybody here are commited to that, but well... I'm being paid for INRIA to do it :P)
-start the Pharo consortium website building, which I think it will be a pier site with our own developed components.

best,
Esteban

ps: Of course, I want to thank to Stef and Marcus for this great job and all the RMOD team here for being so helpful.

Reply | Threaded
|

philippeback
In reply to this post by EstebanLM
Nice!

So, iOS VM?

2012/4/2 Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]>
Hi list,

best,
Esteban

--
Philippe Back
"Helping you hit the top 3 outcomes you really want to achieve"

Mob: +32(0) 478 650 140 | Fax: +32 (0) 70 408 027 Mail: [hidden email] | Web: http://philippeback.eu | Blog:

High Octane SPRL
rue cour Boisacq 101
1301 Bierges

Reply | Threaded
|

EstebanLM
he, nothing changes in that area... in fact, right now I'm trying to see why LocalePlugin is not working on cocoa vm (no iOS, but vm :P). 

best,
Esteban

El 02/04/2012, a las 6:25p.m., [hidden email] escribió:

Nice!

So, iOS VM?

Hi list,

best,
Esteban

--
Philippe Back

Mob: +32(0) 478 650 140 | Fax: +32 (0) 70 408 027 Mail: [hidden email] | Web: http://philippeback.eu | Blog:

High Octane SPRL
rue cour Boisacq 101
1301 Bierges

Reply | Threaded
|

philippeback
Well, this is the same story with the OSX build. Cmake isn't going to be happier...
I am fine looking at that one first and then doing the iOS one  later.

Phil

he, nothing changes in that area... in fact, right now I'm trying to see why LocalePlugin is not working on cocoa vm (no iOS, but vm :P). 

best,
Esteban

El 02/04/2012, a las 6:25p.m., [hidden email] escribió:

Nice!

So, iOS VM?

Hi list,

best,
Esteban

--
Philippe Back

Mob: <a href="tel:%2B32%280%29%20478%20650%20140" value="+32478650140" target="_blank">+32(0) 478 650 140 | Fax: <a href="tel:%2B32%20%280%29%2070%20408%20027" value="+3270408027" target="_blank">+32 (0) 70 408 027 Mail: [hidden email] | Web: http://philippeback.eu | Blog:

High Octane SPRL
rue cour Boisacq 101
1301 Bierges

--
Philippe Back

High Octane SPRL
rue cour Boisacq 101
1301 Bierges

Reply | Threaded
|

Sven Van Caekenberghe

On 02 Apr 2012, at 18:15, Esteban Lorenzano wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> Today was my first day working for Pharo consortium, and is not necessary to write how wonderful experience is to work in something really meaningful for al of us, smalltalkers who are trying to make a living using this environment.
>
> So far, I'm just starting to feel the magic, how it is everything in the real side of the matrix. A powerful world with tons of valuable things done, tons ongoing and even more tons just being started to dream.
>
> All my work this year will be improve the Pharo infraestructure and collaborate on consortium kick-off, so I'm going to do things at several levels.
> In particular this first week, I will be working on:
> -getting Pharo 1.4 ready to release (not just me, everybody here are commited to that, but well... I'm being paid for INRIA to do it :P)
> -start the Pharo consortium website building, which I think it will be a pier site with our own developed components.
>
> I'll keep you on track of what I'm doing.
>
> best,
> Esteban
>
> ps: Of course, I want to thank to Stef and Marcus for this great job and all the RMOD team here for being so helpful.
Excellent news !

I am happy and I wish you a great job there with RMOD.
The biggest challenge will be to manage expectations, your workload and your priorities.
I am sure you will do great.

Sven

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
|

Stéphane Ducasse
>>
>
> Excellent news !
>
> I am happy and I wish you a great job there with RMOD.
> The biggest challenge will be to manage expectations, your workload and your priorities.

:)
Indeed. One step at a time but…. plenty of them and FAST :)

Stef

> I am sure you will do great.
>
> Sven
>

Reply | Threaded
|

Guillermo Polito
Vamos Esteban!!!

On Mon, Apr 2, 2012 at 9:16 PM, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>
> Excellent news !
>
> The biggest challenge will be to manage expectations, your workload and your priorities.

Stef

>
> Sven
>

Reply | Threaded
|

Santiago Bragagnolo
:D Great news.

2012/4/2 Guillermo Polito <[hidden email]>
Vamos Esteban!!!

>>
>
> Excellent news !
>

Stef

>
> Sven
>

Reply | Threaded
|

Santiago Bragagnolo
In reply to this post by Guillermo Polito
jajaja, eso, Vamos Esteban :D

2012/4/2 Guillermo Polito <[hidden email]>
Vamos Esteban!!!

>>
>
> Excellent news !
>

Stef

>
> Sven
>

Reply | Threaded
|

garduino
Bien Esteban, toda la suerte para vos y que lo disfrutes!

No cualquiera puede laburar tiempo completo en Pharo y en las cosas que le gustan, así que buenísimo!

Hi list,

best,
Esteban

Reply | Threaded
|

Benjamin Van Ryseghem (Pharo)
C'est tres sympa de repondre en espagnole :)

Ben

On Apr 2, 2012, at 10:11 PM, Germán Arduino wrote:

Bien Esteban, toda la suerte para vos y que lo disfrutes!

No cualquiera puede laburar tiempo completo en Pharo y en las cosas que le gustan, así que buenísimo!

Hi list,

best,
Esteban

Reply | Threaded
|

ccrraaiigg

Proceed For Truth, Esteban! :)

-C

--
Craig Latta
www.netjam.org/resume
+31   6 2757 7177
+ 1 415  287 3547
+ 1 510  282 7468

Reply | Threaded
|

Miguel Cobá
Excellent news.

Felicidades Esteban, serás un gran factor para que Pharo y Pharo
Consortium sigan cosechando triunfos.

El lun, 02-04-2012 a las 18:15 +0200, Esteban Lorenzano escribió:

> Hi list,
>
> Today was my first day working for Pharo consortium, and is not necessary to write how wonderful experience is to work in something really meaningful for al of us, smalltalkers who are trying to make a living using this environment.
>
> So far, I'm just starting to feel the magic, how it is everything in the real side of the matrix. A powerful world with tons of valuable things done, tons ongoing and even more tons just being started to dream.
>
> All my work this year will be improve the Pharo infraestructure and collaborate on consortium kick-off, so I'm going to do things at several levels.
> In particular this first week, I will be working on:
> -getting Pharo 1.4 ready to release (not just me, everybody here are commited to that, but well... I'm being paid for INRIA to do it :P)
> -start the Pharo consortium website building, which I think it will be a pier site with our own developed components.
>
> I'll keep you on track of what I'm doing.
>
> best,
> Esteban
>
> ps: Of course, I want to thank to Stef and Marcus for this great job and all the RMOD team here for being so helpful.
>
>

--
Miguel Cobá
http://twitter.com/MiguelCobaMtz
http://miguel.leugim.com.mx

Reply | Threaded
|

Stéphane Ducasse

On Apr 3, 2012, at 7:35 AM, Miguel Cobá wrote:

> Excellent news.
>
> Felicidades Esteban, serás un gran factor para que Pharo y Pharo
> Consortium sigan cosechando triunfos.

Yes this is the goal. The consortium is really important.

Reply | Threaded
|

Edgar De Cleene
In reply to this post by Miguel Cobá

On 4/3/12 2:35 AM, "Miguel Cobá" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Excellent news.
>
> Felicidades Esteban, serás un gran factor para que Pharo y Pharo
> Consortium sigan cosechando triunfos.
>
> El lun, 02-04-2012 a las 18:15 +0200, Esteban Lorenzano escribió:
>> Hi list,
>>
>> Today was my first day working for Pharo consortium, and is not necessary to
>> write how wonderful experience is to work in something really meaningful for
>> al of us, smalltalkers who are trying to make a living using this
>> environment.
>>
>> So far, I'm just starting to feel the magic, how it is everything in the real
>> side of the matrix. A powerful world with tons of valuable things done, tons
>> ongoing and even more tons just being started to dream.
>>
>> All my work this year will be improve the Pharo infraestructure and
>> collaborate on consortium kick-off, so I'm going to do things at several
>> levels.
>> In particular this first week, I will be working on:
>> -getting Pharo 1.4 ready to release (not just me, everybody here are commited
>> to that, but well... I'm being paid for INRIA to do it :P)
>> -start the Pharo consortium website building, which I think it will be a pier
>> site with our own developed components.
>>
>> I'll keep you on track of what I'm doing.
>>
>> best,
>> Esteban
>>
>> ps: Of course, I want to thank to Stef and Marcus for this great job and all
>> the RMOD team here for being so helpful.
>>
>>

Un empate en orsai en el ultimo minuto no estaría tan mal :=)
En serio, desde este humilde bar te felicito.
Ojo con comer algunos hongos, ya que citas a  Lewis Carrol .
Acordate de nosotros y mandanos aunque sea algo informal de lo que estas
haciendo.

Toda la merde

Edgar