Font madness

Gary Dunn-2

I feel like I'm going crazy. I am working on a book morph, adding text morphs and the occasional image. Eventually I reach a point where the morph names - at the bottom of the halo - become illegible. Seems like they are bold italic, in any case highly distorted. Is there an easy reset for this? My work around is to save the project, open a clean image, and load.

Along the way something else happened. A lot of text looks bold and no longer lines up. I can "force" a font name and size change using CTRL-K (recent post topic) but no equivalent for attributes.

Bottom line is that the misdirected font setting bug is destroying my book. Any suggestions? Sorry, I do not want to change to Cuis. :->

Gary Dunn
Open Slate Project
http://openslate.org

Re: Font madness

Gary Dunn-2

Found a work around. Weird but effective:

Select borked text

Halo

Red menu

Text properties

Size button, only choice is Accuat 18, which is not what I want but ...

Accept button

Select text

Halo

Light green FF button

Select desired font and size, for me BitstreamVeraSans 12

Ok

I'll live with borked morph names.

Gary Dunn
Open Slate Project
http://openslate.org

On May 4, 2011 2:54 PM, "Gary Dunn" <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Cannot set font in text properties dialog because it throws an error: SmalltalkEditor doesNotUnderstand: #changeStyleTo.

Gary Dunn
Open Slate Project
http://openslate.org

Re: Sgrid

Carlos Crosetti-3
Hi, I have been using SGrid for some time, only displaying a small number of rows (<200) and refreshing the list every N seconds, so far so good.

I am not familiar with other Morphic-based grid framework, and found nothing difgerent in the SqueakMap.

Does anybody know alternatives? Ideal is the Visualworks UI Builder´s DataSet, but I am still looking for something open-source.

Regards, Carlos

Re: Sgrid

gerard alis
I´m develop a grid widget in CLFramework:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENyNcfMw-P0

The CLFramework/UIBuilder development is dead, but perhaps is possible copy the "way-of-do" on another widget.

Regards.