FontChooser open -> DNU

Stéphane Ducasse
Hi guys

Apparently FontChooser open raise an error

http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/list?thanks=1728

Re: FontChooser open -> DNU

Adrian Lienhard
It seems you cannot open a FontChooser like this because it expects a
setSelector, getSelector, and a receiver.

See for instance the call in the method #chooseCodeFont.

If called by FontChooser class>>open, some code fails that expects
these selectors and receiver being initialized. So maybe  we should
just delete #open?!

Cheers,
Adrian

On Jan 1, 2010, at 18:14 , Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> Hi guys
>
> Apparently FontChooser open raise an error
>
> http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/list?thanks=1728
>
> Stef

Re: FontChooser open -> DNU

Stéphane Ducasse
Hi

Adrian I will integrate your suggestion.
Now I looked at all the Users of FontChooser and I tried to get one

AbstractSettingDeclaration>>getFont
        ^ FontChooser
                openWithWindowTitle: 'Font for ' , self name
                for: self
                setSelector: #realValue:
                getSelector: #realValue

does not work

Then I looked at all the Users of FontChooserMorph

openWithWindowTitle: titleString for: anObject setSelector: setSelector getSelector: getSelector
        "FontChooser openWithWindowTitle: 'Choose the Menu Font' for: Preferences setSelector: #setMenuFontTo: getSelector: #standardMenuFont"

        is doing a reference to Preferences?

Alain will probably fix that.
Stef

> It seems you cannot open a FontChooser like this because it expects a
> setSelector, getSelector, and a receiver.
>
> See for instance the call in the method #chooseCodeFont.
>
> If called by FontChooser class>>open, some code fails that expects
> these selectors and receiver being initialized. So maybe  we should
> just delete #open?!
>
> Cheers,
> Adrian
>

> On Jan 1, 2010, at 18:14 , Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
>
>> Hi guys
>>
>> Apparently FontChooser open raise an error
>>
>> http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/list?thanks=1728
>>
>> Stef

Re: FontChooser open -> DNU

Alain Plantec-4
Stéphane Ducasse a écrit :

> Hi
>
> Adrian I will integrate your suggestion.
> Now I looked at all the Users of FontChooser and I tried to get one
>
> AbstractSettingDeclaration>>getFont
> ^ FontChooser
> openWithWindowTitle: 'Font for ' , self name
> for: self
> setSelector: #realValue:
> getSelector: #realValue
>
> does not work

yes it works.
It is used by the setting browser.
> Then I looked at all the Users of FontChooserMorph
>
> openWithWindowTitle: titleString for: anObject setSelector: setSelector getSelector: getSelector
> "FontChooser openWithWindowTitle: 'Choose the Menu Font' for: Preferences setSelector: #setMenuFontTo: getSelector: #standardMenuFont"
>
> is doing a reference to Preferences?

It is the comment which was showing an example.
I will change this example.
Alain

Re: FontChooser open -> DNU

Stéphane Ducasse

On Jan 3, 2010, at 9:03 PM, Alain Plantec wrote:

> Stéphane Ducasse a écrit :
>> Hi
>>
>> Adrian I will integrate your suggestion.
>> Now I looked at all the Users of FontChooser and I tried to get one
>>
>> AbstractSettingDeclaration>>getFont
>> ^ FontChooser
>> openWithWindowTitle: 'Font for ' , self name
>> for: self
>> setSelector: #realValue:
>> getSelector: #realValue
>>
>> does not work
>>
> yes it works.
> It is used by the setting browser.

Ok I was just executing the expression stupidly

>> Then I looked at all the Users of FontChooserMorph
>>
>> openWithWindowTitle: titleString for: anObject setSelector: setSelector getSelector: getSelector
>> "FontChooser openWithWindowTitle: 'Choose the Menu Font' for: Preferences setSelector: #setMenuFontTo: getSelector: #standardMenuFont"
>>
>> is doing a reference to Preferences?
>>
> It is the comment which was showing an example.
> I will change this example.

Yes this was my point because soon bye bye Preferences :)